United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Performing the explore action, search action, interact action, and some component actions requires using the app. An investigator may tap any token in the app to inspect it. Doing so does not require an action, and an investigator can inspect a token even if the token is not in his space.

So, just to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, you can click on any token on the app at any time for no action. You just can't select any of the options that result in actions unless you meet the listed requirements. (being at the location, spending an action, etc.)

So for example, on the top right of page 7 of the Learn to Play, under the Interact action, the screen shows you talking with an old man then gives 3 options. The first 2 require actions. The 3rd option says "Ignore Him".

Can anyone click on the icon for this person even if nobody is near the person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All icons may be inspected by any player at any time...you just can't choose the action options unless you are in the same space and have an action available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true for everything except Sight Tokens. Sight Tokens don't require an action and the app provides the instructions about how to inspect them.

So yes for Explore, Interact, Search and Person tokens, but no for Sight tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware of course that the app registers when you look at certain tokens even when there is no action cost. In the rising tide scenario if you "just look" at a questionmark when an npc is close by it changes their responses afterwards. By that I mean the Npc being close to the questionmark.

In this case, she closed up completely and wouldn't talk snd I felt I was only reviewing options. (The app did say she took note of my interest in her shelf, so not completely out of the blue.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Wendt
msg tools
I thought we can only inspect the tokens when we are on the same field and played some scenarios this way. Perhaps this was the reason we lost some, but I feel the game is more immersive, when we play it this way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone find any definitive answer on this? I've been wondering whether you have to declare your action to explore, search, etc. before clicking the icon, or if you can click the icon, see what it says, and then decide whether to perform an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.