Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
There seems to be minimal information at this time, but someone has already rated this a 3.3. Now why would that be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For now, there is only one rating, it's 3, with this comment: "Not yet released - due out 2018."

The guy that placed this rating maybe change it after because he wish listed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
So why bother rating it, just put it on your wish list. I don't see the point in rating something that has not even been fully developed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhawkx wrote:
There seems to be minimal information at this time, but someone has already rated this a 3.3. Now why would that be?

The guy who rates every game a '1' hasn't put his rating there yet.....

(It's not me, by the way..... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Miquel
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part is that he has other games on his wishlist. And the rate for Detective is 3.32.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry about ratings of unreleased games. It has no notable impact on final ratings it gets once released. The volume will make a huge difference.

I don't personally think it will be a major success though, it sounds like an app game with some basic physical elements and I don't see preferring this to Consulting Detective - beautifully written game that takes you to 19th century.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont understand how people can rate an unrealeased game...
No matter ir it is 1 or 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
So why bother rating it, just put it on your wish list. I don't see the point in rating something that has not even been fully developed.

Why bother looking at the ratings for unreleased games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
eatshootsandleafs wrote:

Why bother looking at the ratings for unreleased games?

Why bother looking at ratings period?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The guy who "rated" the game is obviously misusing the rating system to sort his wishlist by priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Borowiecki
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Don't worry about ratings of unreleased games. It has no notable impact on final ratings it gets once released. The volume will make a huge difference.

I don't personally think it will be a major success though, it sounds like an app game with some basic physical elements and I don't see preferring this to Consulting Detective - beautifully written game that takes you to 19th century.

From what I read there will be an important difference which will distinguish it, I hope significantly, from Sherlock.

They call it "breach of the Fourth Wall". The knowledge from our world enhanced with their database will be driving the game. Something like this is not present in Sherlock.

I am looking forward to it. I hope they will solve the Sherlock's problem of never knowing when you have enough of it without thinking that you lose the content, as sadly the richness of every scenario does not offer extra replay-ability. It serves instead as a (good) distraction from the important clues leading to the right solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.