Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

One of our neighborhood cats has started to eat most of his MREs (Meals Requested Emphatically) at my house. We have developed quite a bond in spite of his shyness and cautious approach. This photograph is a rare glimpse of him at ease.

He would make an outstanding infantryman.

He spends much of his time concealed in the jungle (my hedges) and the discerning analyst can see from this photograph that his use of the vegetation is superb. His dark color is a slight disadvantage but in any case night operations are his specialty.

He is prepared to deal with the challenges presented by urban environments. In this photograph he has taken shelter under a civilian vehicle and is ready to leap into action if the enemy -- or his dinner -- should appear.

Like any effective soldier he is ready to take cover while on the move. In this photograph he has lowered himself into a shallow depression while advancing across neutral territory (a flower bed dominated by none of the local cats) and is ready to maneuver in any direction. He might have been officer material but he has one trait not commonly found in exceptional commanders: he slinks away from any confrontation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:
...he has one trait not commonly found in exceptional commanders: he slinks away from any confrontation.

That's called a tactical withdrawal. ninja
A common move for covert operatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
A Molly Cat...I had one of those - it is a shy timid breed - we had Halfie as the War Room cat for 10 years (died in close combat with a dog 3 months ago - that dog is now gone from the neighbor after I threatened a lawsuit).

Halfie was curios if aloof - hissy if you got too close - except for one person - me.

She was a rescue from a dumpster - and she was headed to being wild when found. Took years of "therapy" to make her even approachable.

In her last few months she got to trust some of the regulars enough to ask them for pets and attention, and had even warmed up enough to one of the other cats so that she had a feline pal she slept, groomed and ate with.

I miss that cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
In light of this, would this mean dogs are more like medieval horse, all loud and undisciplined, charging rashly into the fray?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.