Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's an Indigogo InDemand campaign for this game now. What's the difference between that and the Kickstarter campaign?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quodd-heroes-games#/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ayejae wrote:
So there's an Indigogo InDemand campaign for this game now. What's the difference between that and the Kickstarter campaign?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quodd-heroes-games#/

Kickstarter backers are going to realized they got screwed out of their money first. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
Kickstarter backers are going to realized they got screwed out of their money first. shake

And why is that? I'm trying to see the side to this that makes you say that? I can't see why this would be bad, but are willing to be educated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the "KS Only Upgrade" is open for Indiegogo backers? I would say that sounds a little strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:
So the "KS Only Upgrade" is open for Indiegogo backers? I would say that sounds a little strange.

ah right. I can see that is sounds strange, but if one has been following the KS comments on the matter of production quantity and costs and about the after KS-sales by means of the backerkit, then this in't a big leap and (imo) a smart move. (it still goes through the backerkit as it says in the indy-campaign)

So to me it seems Ryan is doing exactly what he said he would do and only explores different way to market his product.

It's not that the Kicksterter backers get less then they bargained for (this box is gonna be massive) and, it would be a waste to throw the excess of the minimum production quantity away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Marco van Barneveld wrote:
Helljin wrote:

And why is that? I'm trying to see the side to this that makes you say that? I can't see why this would be bad, but are willing to be educated.

The game just had a successful Kickstarter now it has to go thru a pledge manager and X number of games get ordered for print.

But wait it is going to go thru another crowd funding site and that campaign must end before they can order games for print.

Jeez that worked well maybe they should run it thru a third crowd funding site to generate more sales.

I think it's a poor practice to run 1 product thru multiple crowd funding campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
I think it's a poor practice to run 1 product thru multiple crowd funding campaigns.

Thank you for explaining. I understand your point of view now.

Helljin wrote:
But wait it is going to go thru another crowd funding site and that campaign must end before they can order games for print.

I can't find an end date on Indy. To me it looks like Ryan is drawing attention to his already planned and communicated after-KS-Backerkitt-sales. And while some components are still in development stage, it doesn't look to me that it might cause delay on the production.

Let hope all will work out on time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I will address this directly. The IndieGoGo is what is called "In-Demand" and not at all the same as a crowd-funding campaign like the kickstarter was. In-Demand acts like a PRE-ORDER system just like the existing BackerKit Does. You may have noticed that backerKit also allows late pledgers to access the Kickstarter Edtion of the game as well, including exclusives. I'm not certain why it seems to be offending some of you but essentially its allowing other people access to order the game prior to going into production and helping to unlock additional stretch goals just as BackerKit is. Which should make backers smile.

As a creator it is my objective to get this game into the hands of as many people as possible. Its also my objective to try to profit off my 3 years of VERY hard work on this game which will allow me to continue making more games in the future.

As for delays from this, not at all. Late Pledges will be open until just prior to going into production, any additional stretch goals will be of a nature to not create and delays at all so we are and will continue to stay on track.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
I will address this directly. The IndieGoGo is what is called "In-Demand" and not at all the same as a crowd-funding campaign like the kickstarter was. In-Demand acts like a PRE-ORDER system just like the existing BackerKit Does. You may have noticed that backerKit also allows late pledgers to access the Kickstarter Edtion of the game as well, including exclusives. I'm not certain why it seems to be offending some of you but essentially its allowing other people access to order the game prior to going into production and helping to unlock additional stretch goals just as BackerKit is. Which should make backers smile.

As a creator it is my objective to get this game into the hands of as many people as possible. Its also my objective to try to profit off my 3 years of VERY hard work on this game which will allow me to continue making more games in the future.

As for delays from this, not at all. Late Pledges will be open until just prior to going into production, any additional stretch goals will be of a nature to not create and delays at all so we are and will continue to stay on track.

Cheers!

Thanks for the explanation. I think you can understand the confusion it initially caused some of us as I couldn't find other info about it on any KS updates. We backers can be a bit wary of being taken advantage of sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,Ryan.
Great comm. as always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm always happy to communicate with you guys about my decisions and why I make them. We are in this together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.