Clash of Steel: A Tactical Card Game of Medieval Duels» Forums » Variants

Subject: Location Card Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Watkins

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to create a more thematic background and variety to duels, I've created some location cards that combined can be used to create a narrative around a series of duels or just impact the speed or strategy in a duel.

Beginning of game shuffle 10 location card and draw one to set the stage following the variant rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pasting the card text from the KS campaign comments as some text are barely readable in the cards even at biggest size:

Quote:
Location deck: Shuffle deck of 8 location cards and draw one for the game.
Castle Courtyard: base game rules
Battlefield: player start with no items. Bid for inititiative. Place one of each of the five weapons in field. Initiative player chooses weapon from field and then second player chooses one. To gain a second weapon a player must move to pick up and may carry up to 2 items.
Swamp: for every move of attack action, that player must discard the lowest card from their deck.(tough to move in swamp)
Catacomb: all cards played face down (hard to see in the dark)
Rampart: all cards played face up( nowhere to hide)
Forest: all wounds count as -2 instead of -1 ("it's just a flesh wound"-black knight)
Bridge: no manuevers (tight spaces)
Joust: best of 3 initiative battles(2 cards each) all cards used in joust are discarded by both players. Player who wins joust wounds opponent and that wound can't be armored. Remaineder of game is basic rules.
Dungeon: not items or maneuvers( prisoners tend not to get weapons or have armor)
Tavern: choose two maneuver instead of one( ale is powerful thing )

So that's 8 location cards (plus 2) that impact game by emphasizing: maneuvers, actions, initiative, wounds and items. Let me know if you have any suggestions for more locations or anything else was shooting for 10 maybe dungeon and tower but not sure what to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Watkins

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I have the files in a PowerPoint printable format to scale. Just need to upload that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Dutter
msg tools
Thanks for uploading this guys, really interesting stuff! I'd love to release a fully fledged "battlegrounds" expansion pack someday that has tons of unique locations and even environmental hazards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.