Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Also to be clear, the medic's ability changes based on the ship you pick.

It sounds like you are using the Halcyon, and in that case you are correct.

You can return all units from infirmary OR one locked unit from scanners.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tumbarello
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I roll two medical dice, can I use the first one to remove all crew from infirmary, and the second medical die to remove a scanner die? Or is it just one medical die that can be assigned per turn?

And that question is the same for the shields. It states recharge shields or use stasis beam? I was wondering because in my first game I got two shield dice one time, and used them for two stasis beams on threat cards. Then my second game I assumed only one die assignment for shields (and medic) and only did one stasis beam at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumby1974 wrote:
If I roll two medical dice, can I use the first one to remove all crew from infirmary, and the second medical die to remove a scanner die? Or is it just one medical die that can be assigned per turn?

Weapons tend to do more damage when more dice are assigned to them. e.g. 1 damage for 1 die and +2 damage for each additional die. Same for Engineers with ship repair. The implication, barring any rule to the contrary, is that any type of die can be assigned multiple times per turn. Note, also, that "gun" dice need not be combined. e.g. you can assigned two 1-point shots instead of combining them into one 3-point shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
New London
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
>Note, also, that "gun" dice need not be combined. e.g. you
>can assigned two 1-point shots instead of combining them
>into one 3-point shot.

My read of the rules is that, with two tactical dice, you would generate three damage points total, but those damage points are individual hits, and can assigned to targets independently.

In other words, it can be one target hit 3x for 3 damage, but it can also be three targets hit 1x each for 1 damage, or one target hit 1x for 1 damage and one target hit 2x for 2 damage.

If you spent three tactical dice for 5 damage, same thing. That's five independent points of damage, that can be assigned to 5 different targets, not one block of 5 damage that can only be used on one target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.