Subject: House GOP leadership postpones vote on AHCA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Shocking, isn't it?

http://us.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/house-health-care-vote...

Mistah Trump wrote:
Who knew healthcare was so complicated?"

If I was a Republican, I would be mortified. For seven years, the House Republicans have voted to repeal "Obamacare," railing against all the thing they hated about it (except, of course, that it was signed by a colored president, which really steamed their chaps!), and now, with an allegedly conservative Republican president, solid majorities in both houses, and they can't agree on whether or not to replace it when they repeal it, and if they replace it, what takes its place?

Evidently, they're so used to being the Party of No, they even say it to each other.*

*--and don't draw the comparison between the Democrats passing the ACA and the Republicans floundering over it. It took the Democrats almost a year to craft the bill, hold hearings, and finally vote on it. Maybe the Republicans should have been more deliberate in their approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I would have fallen over if they *hadn't* postponed. Gives some more time for promises/threats to those holding out on their team.

One would get the impression they didn't have most of a decade to come up with a better plan than the one they fought tooth and nail against (!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I called it earlier today and won 10 GG.

Now I'm gloating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only health care was an actor that criticized him on Twitter, so it would command his full attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rice
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Blah Blah Blah
badge
I didn't know what else to do with the GG
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn! Who knew health care was so hard!?!?!?!? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They could pass it tomorrow but it looks like they have a problem with two large opposed factions in the gop.

One wants no health care and is supported by their voters.

The other either wants health care or doesn't want to be voted out of office by their voters for taking away health care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Trump looks like he's had it and just wants to go golfing this weekend:

The manager's version is the one negotiated with Trump, which the CBO says saves half as much money but still takes away coverage from 24 million people. It's also the one that went nowhere today. EHB refers to essential health benefits—hospitalization, maternity care, prescription drug coverage, mental health, labs, preventive care, pediatric services, etc. You know, the stuff that makes insurance insurance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:

Trump: "Fire everyone who votes against it."
Handler "Uh, that's not quite how government works."
Trump: "I'm already bored. Let's go buy some of those pens that have naked ladies on them when you flip them over."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
eaglebeak wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Trump: "Fire everyone who votes against it."
Handler "Uh, that's not quite how government works."
Trump: "I'm already bored. Let's go buy some of those pens that have naked ladies on them when you flip them over."

That suggestion is outrageous and beneath the dignity of our esteemed president.

Obviously, he's already got a dozen in his drawer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hearing tonight that some trump supporters are alternatively calling it "ryancare" and "rinocare".

If it passes, I bet it's suddenly "trumpcare" again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
That suggestion is outrageous and beneath the dignity of our esteemed president.…
So seriously would anything actually be beneath his dignity? I mean, other than admitting he's wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone draw a cartoon where Charlie Brown fails to kick the football because he himself has moved it out of the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Is that article in English? "Without the requirement to cover comprehensive policies, insurers could opt exclude some of the priciest services that sick Americans." ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
remorseless1 wrote:
Shocking, isn't it?

http://us.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/house-health-care-vote...

Mistah Trump wrote:
Who knew healthcare was so complicated?"

If I was a Republican, I would be mortified. For seven years, the House Republicans have voted to repeal "Obamacare," railing against all the thing they hated about it (except, of course, that it was signed by a colored president, which really steamed their chaps!), and now, with an allegedly conservative Republican president, solid majorities in both houses, and they can't agree on whether or not to replace it when they repeal it, and if they replace it, what takes its place?

Evidently, they're so used to being the Party of No, they even say it to each other.*

*--and don't draw the comparison between the Democrats passing the ACA and the Republicans floundering over it. It took the Democrats almost a year to craft the bill, hold hearings, and finally vote on it. Maybe the Republicans should have been more deliberate in their approach.

States rights, man!

It cures all illnesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I'm hearing tonight that some trump supporters are alternatively calling it "ryancare" and "rinocare".

If it passes, I bet it's suddenly "trumpcare" again.
I prefer the term Tryancare
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not over yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
It's not over yet...

I am not holding out any hope. If this bill gets stalled, then the tax giveaway to the rich and corporations will be in jeopardy. Remember that they need the "savings" from stripping insurance from people to justing said gift. The GOP needs The Donald's help in letting the 1% loot the country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
And the blame game begins for Trump...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/politics/donald-trump-health-c...

Obviously, he's not going to take the blame himself. So, he has three options:

- Speaker Ryan
- Freedom Caucus
- WH Advisors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brickmaster wrote:

- Speaker Ryan
- Freedom Caucus
- WH Advisors

The right wing propaganda machine seems to have picked Ryan as the fall guy here. After whoring out what was left of his dignity to the Donald really have no sympathy for him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Elfbane wrote:
I called it earlier today and won 10 GG.

Now I'm gloating.

angry angry angry angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
Brickmaster wrote:

- Speaker Ryan
- Freedom Caucus
- WH Advisors

The right wing propaganda machine seems to have picked Ryan as the fall guy here. After whoring out what was left of his dignity to the Donald really have no sympathy for him

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Trump to try to blame the Democrats in some form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Well in the end whatever the House passes will be heavily modified by the (slightly) more rational Republicans in the Senate. Not to mention the obvious other roadblock, which is getting through the inevitable filibuster by the Democrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slow Motion Walter
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
mbmbmb
Brickmaster wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Brickmaster wrote:

- Speaker Ryan
- Freedom Caucus
- WH Advisors

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Trump to try to blame the Democrats in some form.

He sort of already did.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/09/trump-reportedly-says-hell-bl...

Quote:
Trump told conservative groups Wednesday that, should the GOP health-care reform bill fail, he will let the Affordable Care Act (ACA) sputter and blame Democrats, CNN reported, citing sources at the gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
The same behavior exhibited during the passage of the ACA has been out stripped in the last week by the current chuckle-heads-in-charge. It's worth noting that the horrors of then are now 'business as usual move along'.

If there is a silver lining the hew and cry about ACA leading to single payer will be on steroids due their attempts to end ACA.

Just like the 'gay canard' of 2010 this will bite them in the ass when the suckers realize the 'those other people' are people they actually know or themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sfox wrote:
Well in the end whatever the House passes will be heavily modified by the (slightly) more rational Republicans in the Senate. Not to mention the obvious other roadblock, which is getting through the inevitable filibuster by the Democrats.

Right now they're just trying to ram it through on reconciliation as a budget measure, so there won't be a filibuster. It is, however, questionable whether the non-budgetary mandated coverage that the Freedom Caucus wants stripped can be done through reconciliation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.