Subject: Mamas & Papas + Special workers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stanislav Sidorov
Russia
Yekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get the special worker (instead of regular one) from the mama/papa card (paying 1 coin for that)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a question I had in my mind during our last play. That extra worker from the get go is pretty ridiculous as is. I've only seen it at the start a few times, but the benefiting player has won each of those times. Gaining a special worker from the get-go seems a bit much imo. I'm curious to hear if there is an official ruling on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can't. First of all those workers are not "trained" they are inherited. The rules state that "When training a worker, you now have the option to pay 1 additional lira to train one of the available special workers instead of a regular worker."

The second reason is that you get resources from your Mama card first, this is where you get your non-grande workers. At that point in the game you don't have any Lira yet so you couldn't pay a coin. After you get those workers, you get your Papa card and then you get your money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reverend is correct. The only way to get a special worker is by training one (your Mama and Papa cards give you specific types of workers [regular and grande]--you don't have an option then).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.