Popular Tags: [View All]
Danko Petrovic
Serbia
Beograd
flag msg tools
designer
Uwe says: "Feed your vorkers during each harffest!"
badge
According to you, what is the optimal amount of sheep in a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPONENTS
Nice boards and average quality cards (that are not used as much as in other games, so it's not that bad) and many wooden pieces to represent vegetables, wheat, animals, etc... High quality components, but could be better.

DESIGN
Cards and boards are nice, clear and thematic. Wooden pieces are, wooden pieces, this is an euro game, so don't expect too much on that side. But it is enough.

RULES
Each player starts the game with 2 actions, representet by farmer and his wife. For each action, a player chooses one of the possible ones from the action board and places his worker, disabling any other player from taking it in this turn. On each turn, new action on action board is revealed, unlocking new possibilites; like taking new types of animals to the farm, having a baby (to have more actions on subsequent turns), and so on. During the whole game, you need to make sure to have enough food, and in the same time build and collect everything, to be able to accumulate as many points as possible.

FUN
This game is heavy. Apart from being full of stuff and literally heavy in the box, it is very heavy for the players. The rules are not that hard to learn, but the game is extremely hard to master. You will constantly have problems with wanting too many things, and being able to do so little on your turn. In the end, you need to have as many things in as many different categories to make more points and win the game. This is definitely the game that will make you run for everything, and will heavily penalize those who don't.
And that said, I really, really love this game. When you finish the game with nice number of points (even if you didn't win), you will feel rewarded. It can sometimes be too heavy, and that might impact the fun factor.

REPLAYABILITY
Apart from being hard to master, the game has some different actions on action board (randomized before each play) depending on the number of players, it also has few different deck of cards (interactive, advanced...), and each deck is huge, and only a small fraction is played on each game. Replayability is literally FANTASTIC!

OVERALL
This was one of my favourite games when I bought it, and it is still one of the best that I every played. It has nice components and rewarding gameplay with great replayability. But keep in mind that it is a heavy game, and some people don't like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Short review
There is a lot of tension in that you can't do everything, and other people can take what you need to do what you planned. Some people don't like this. I love it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls