Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P and I (Rich) decided to try a few games after a day of snowboarding, and brought this one out. I enjoy Hellas, and since my girlfriend despises it I have to try and con other people into playing. P is a fan of the MB Gamemaster series and a few others, and had a luke-warm reaction to this game.

During the intial placement the board was pretty much divided in half, with his units on the top and mine on the bottom. Only one island to start with, which I grabbed early on. I was planning on trying a Voyage strategy then move in with a few attacks, as did P. I managed to pull in a few new territories, but P did not have any place to put his tiles gained from voyages, so they failed. P, being frustrated by this, built up his navy to the point that I couldn't compete with him and was shut out from many tile placement locations.

I then proceeded to attack P, and certain cities went from side to side each turn. We were also tied with temple majority for most of the game, so no one got the bonus action. P ended up winning with an attack that took my island, which I had thought would be too difficult to take. P, with the help of Ares, overcame the island easily and grabbed the win.

Once again, I enjoy this game, love the theme, and think that the production is great. P was not taken by it, and said that he probably wouldn't try it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.