Joe Becker
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
When you use Teamwork and final Flash is on top of the stack, does every use of teamwork allow you to Teamwork any number of different foes? Or is it restricted to each Super-Villain's Teamwork keyword?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Flash 15 says "Players" so it is referring to the Super-Villains with Teamwork. Note that a SH or SV without Teamwork would not suddenly gain it.

Since the rule is that a SV's inherent Teamwork is usable only once per turn, this is removing that restriction. It does not apply to cards you play that grant a TW, as those are not "players."

We could have written that as "Super-Villains may TW any number..." to head your question off at the pass. Good question!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Flash 15 says "Players" so it is referring to the Super-Villains with Teamwork. Note that a SH or SV without Teamwork would not suddenly gain it.

Since the rule is that a SV's inherent Teamwork is usable only once per turn, this is removing that restriction. It does not apply to cards you play that grant a TW, as those are not "players."

We could have written that as "Super-Villains may TW any number..." to head your question off at the pass. Good question!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

So if i play the version 2 heads are better than one, and have shazam and any of the Rouges, i can TEAMWORK the foe and gain the top card of the main deck until there is no more VP tokens left?

Or lets say i play the riddler and go of the top for 3 until my hearts content.

I can do all that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Flash (15) says "any number of DIFFERENT foes." So, you can't TW more than once per foe. Flash doesn't modify Shazam. You can already use Shazam any number of times.

Riddler 3 does allow you to use it multiple times already. It says it on the card.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Flash (15) says "any number of DIFFERENT foes." So, you can't TW more than once per foe. Flash doesn't modify Shazam. You can already use Shazam any number of times.

Riddler 3 does allow you to use it multiple times already. It says it on the card.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

So in a 1v1 match the flash (15) is irrelevant.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:

Indeed. Keep in mind that the fewer the players, the better your deck, so you won't have too much trouble with him. And the one card you do TW should on average be rather good.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:

Indeed. Keep in mind that the fewer the players, the better your deck, so you won't have too much trouble with him. And the one card you do TM should on average be rather good.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Have to say that wasn't our experience. Maybe our decks were better, but the discard for each card played meant you rarely had more than a 4 or 5 played cards with 3 being far more common. With only having one team member to TW off of, this made it very difficult to reach 15 power. In our last game, if it hadn't been for the final ManBat Serum, I'm not sure we'd ever have beaten Flash.

It was a fantastic result and felt incredibly thematic, but it was really difficult. Still, it's my favourite expansion in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.C. Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tellerium wrote:

Have to say that wasn't our experience. Maybe our decks were better, but the discard for each card played meant you rarely had more than a 4 or 5 played cards with 3 being far more common. With only having one team member to TW off of, this made it very difficult to reach 15 power. In our last game, if it hadn't been for the final ManBat Serum, I'm not sure we'd ever have beaten Flash.

I had the same problem as you. I've played it twice 2-player, and the first time my opponent got a good card from me using Teamwork and beat the Flash fairly quickly.

However, when I played today, we just could not get anything going. I didn't realize Teamwork allowed you to play multiple cards rather than the top card multiple times, so maybe that will make a difference, but mostly we were just playing 4 cards a turn (3 of our own with 2 discards, plus the top card of the other's deck), and we just weren't getting anywhere close.

I had to leave so we ended up just quitting the game and adding up our points we had. We could have played through the entire deck, I guess, but it was getting tedious. I was so far ahead that Flash really wasn't going to make a difference in points, but it was not fun to come up against a guy that seemed impossible to defeat.

It reminded me of playing the Crisis mode which is great in theory but often times becomes brutally hard and painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:

It reminded me of playing the Crisis mode which is great in theory but often times becomes brutally hard and painful.

We weren't huge fans of the Crisis mode either. It just seemed to extend the game without any additional payoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooof. Flash (15) is HELLA hard with 2 players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can we use this blue back cards in competitive play? Or is it just for crisis mode? I feel you'd one would be fun to play in competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
Can we use this blue back cards in competitive play? Or is it just for crisis mode? I feel you'd one would be fun to play in competitive.

Non-crisis blue backed super villains/heroes are designed for normal, competitive, play.
They've had some for a while now.

If you decide to have a blue-super villain/hero, you select one at random from however many you have and put it on the bottom of the stack. Then add normal supers to the top, until you have as many as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.