Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'pack of pirates' contract requires you to defeat one pirate of each color in a single turn. We've found this incredibly difficult to do - having it in a co-op is very likely to lead to a failure. And yet, the reward is only $3, which is quite low. And its got a 0 time modifier for co-op play.

Last co-op lay, one player had 7 swords and STILL couldn't get all 5 pirate colors! (Two black Skull ships before finding any Red ships).

Thoughts on this? Anything we're missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I don't think this has to be accomplished in one turn. You defeat one color and place it next to you. Then you can do another color on your next turn and so on until you collect all 5 colors. At that point you return the 5 cards to the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pack of Pirates contract seems incrediby difficult. Thoughts? A: Doesn't have to be in just one turn!
MajorOracle wrote:
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I don't think this has to be accomplished in one turn. You defeat one color and place it next to you. Then you can do another color on your next turn and so on until you collect all 5 colors. At that point you return the 5 cards to the discard pile.

AlexP wrote:
Ted is correct

surprise surprise surprise

Whoa!

Thanks for answering that! That makes a big difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
wow
Now I'm surprised. We always played it in one turn. It is not that hard. You just have to collect some fighters before trying it.
(We only had this contract in co-op plays so one of us made sure to get enough sabers.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jorl wrote:
wow
Now I'm surprised. We always played it in one turn. It is not that hard. You just have to collect some fighters before trying it.
(We only had this contract in co-op plays so one of us made sure to get enough sabers.)

Like I said, we had a player with 7 swords fail to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyprien Delpuech
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had the same thoughts yesterday. Thing is that when you compare some contracts to this one, it clearly shows that this one is really difficult to be done in one turn regarding the reward.
So we played it as a long term contract as everyone here I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.