8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Whats the credit for killing a monster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolai Goppold
Germany
flag msg tools
Sorry when i missed it in the rules or in the forum as well, but i don't find an answer to that:

I often read about whos getting "credit" for killing a monster. But...what is that credit? I know, that killing a monster brings a money token on the hex, where the monster dies. But, this isn' a credit for someone in particular, isn't it? Every Hero could loot it.

So, does it grant any exp for killing a monster or something else?

THX!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aust
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alucardx8 wrote:
Sorry when i missed it in the rules or in the forum as well, but i don't find an answer to that:

I often read about whos getting "credit" for killing a monster. But...what is that credit? I know, that killing a monster brings a money token on the hex, where the monster dies. But, this isn' a credit for someone in particular, isn't it? Every Hero could loot it.

So, does it grant any exp for killing a monster or something else?

THX!

It would be for personal quests or battle goals. Otherwise it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, "credit" in this case doesn't refer to money, but recognition of someone having done something. Same as when a movie ends, "the credits start rolling", names of director, producers, actors, etc.

Who kills what and how many can matter to certain personal quests and battle goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we all expected to get XP for killing monsters because of the D&D trope, but no. XP comes from your cards plus bonuses from completing scenarios etc

That way, support characters aren't disadvantaged and it works well in game terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Goppold
Germany
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks a lot!

Case closed :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pelletier
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6
mbmbmbmbmb
Alucardx8 wrote:
But...what is that credit?

List it under "personal achievements" on your resume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon marshall
United Kingdom
glasgow
glasgow
flag msg tools
Also your character gets to brag about it to the others in the pub!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wes snedigar
msg tools
By d&d and trope I think you mean almost every other game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.