Jason B
Australia
Toowoomba
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I have just been given this awesome game and want to get a game going with my nine year old.

Can and recommend this some easy creature and spell cards to get her started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with my nine year old several times since she was seven. Anything in the base set should be fine, I think. Maybe stay away from Reaction spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Estabrooks
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cliffy73 wrote:
I've played with my nine year old several times since she was seven. Anything in the base set should be fine, I think. Maybe stay away from Reaction spells.

X2

Healthy amount of luck, should be fun for you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Australia
Toowoomba
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thank you. Will knock out the reaction spells and give it a go tonight. Youngest son an 2.5 is currently playing the stack the dice up like lego variant ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So So
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gradually added rules for my 6 now 7 year old. First was just buying, rolling, and fighting. Taught him what each face does. . Next culling and stars. Now we have spells. Last thing to teach him is the monster powers. Those can get a little more complex. He still won't understand optimum though. He just tries to get the dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
90% of the time, getting the dragon is the optimum play anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.