Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fra P.
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I am on the verge of pre-ordering. Everything about this game looks amazing. However, I have a little reservation about the dice combat. For people who may have tried playing it or have an better concept on it, how does it affect the game?

I wonder because this looks like such a great game of deduction and correctly using the various powers and all and I worry that the dice combat just adds some useless luck factor which can just wreck your strategy just with a 17% chance.

I'm not at all against dice in games, but in this instance I just can't figure out how it fits.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kinda bias on the subject but I can give you an explanantion as to the train of thought concerning dice.

Basically the die adds some randomness and tension to the game that a more mechnical systemm wouldn't. That doesn't mean you are a slave to the dice rolls however. The game gives you a lot of control over the random element (if you're willing to spend the resources to take them) such as Teaming up or powering up with other heroes allowing you to modify the result as well as using certain artifacts.

Now yes, that does still mean that the case may arrive that you'll lose the game because of a dice roll. But this isn't a 4 hour monster game, a normal round lasts about 20 min so if it does happen to you, it's pretty fast to reset the game and plunge back in to show that pesky dice who's the boss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.