Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Now that I've learned about the game and decided to jump in by becoming a late backer, I'd like to offer an artistic (or game board graphics) suggestion:

From what I've seen, the hex borders are colored bright white. After playing several other hex-based games set on the water, my observation has been that water hexes look better when a light blue or darker color is used for the hex borders.

So I'd offer an unsolicited recommendation to use either a mid-range blue, or black color for the hex borders. The bright white, as it is now, is simply too glaring and detracts from the otherwise very attractive artwork.

Thanks for listening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Atkinson
Australia
Waratah West
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey mate, Welcome aboard you will not be disappointed. The creator of the Game Apollo is very friendly ill post this up on the kickstarter page, but feel free to jump on and say hi, we are still hanging around there talking and Apollo is responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Weston
United States
SAN LUIS OBISPO
California
flag msg tools
@Barry, First, thank you so much for being a backer of our awesome ship combat game my good Captain.

I played around with different colors for the hex and decided on white due to the eas of spotting the hex with little eye focusing. I actually dropped the oppacity of the white so it is a bit more transparent. We will see what the manufacture's prototype looks like but I have a feeling the white will be a good color.

Thank you for your question at any time ask away Sir.

-Captain Apollo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Zomboyd wrote:
The creator of the Game Apollo is very friendly ill post this up on the kickstarter page, but feel free to jump on and say hi, we are still hanging around there talking and Apollo is responding.

Thanks! Since I didn't back the game during the campaign, I'm under the assumption that I'm locked out of the comments section? That's been my experience anyway, with other projects that I backed after the campaign ends.

exocrategames wrote:
We will see what the manufacture's prototype looks like but I have a feeling the white will be a good color.
-Captain Apollo

OK. You lead, I follow. Just wanted to bring the notion to your attention and you listened. That's all I can ask for!

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.