Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
It is a bit annoying (and confusing to new players) that some of the mutants' abilities count as a movement and some don't.

To simplify this, why not count every special ability as a movement? So MC Edge wrapping around the world is an extra movement when normally it's not (as far as I can remember).

This makes it much easier to calculate multiple mutant combinations without having to remember the rule exceptions. I can't see how it would break anything except raise the amount of movements you may calculate but the same applies for all players so shouldn't affect anything.

Anyway, I ask here so that one of you can point out a problem it may cause.

So, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not that hard to remember, because only the special abilities that don't count as extra movement are already part of a move (gray, brown, yellow)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it won't break the game, but it will make some meeples even less useful, MC Edge is the best example, he is already hard to use efficiently, making his movement take longer will make him less appealing.

Also do you count his and the grey meeples movements as 2 when they pass thru a wall/edge?
Does the movement the brown does and stops short count as 2 as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Yes I think you are right - an easier way for me to look at it is to count how many times a mutant stops perhaps? Movement can be confused with a jump or a step but 'stops' are a constant amongst all mutants. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.