Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game with the marines having to discard a card while next to a progress token. I had my cyber demon standing on them but we allowed the marine to interact even if the tokens were covered. I got my ass kicker do I feel that maybe it should be allowed to block the tokens to add a bit more balance to the invader. What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chapman
msg tools
I'm guessing you played Mission 1 of the 2nd operation?

I see the problem; determined marines just have to charge in and discard the tokens as they're all bunched together, and they're not far away. In fact, 4 marines can discard 2 tokens in the first round if they sprint to them. The only way I can think to prevent that is to get lucky in the initiative order and create a wall of monsters, forcing extra movement points to push through.

Though, I have just noticed there are two more objective tokens at the farthest points of the map, so there's that at least.

Just checking, but you know you can keep spawning from portals even if they have already spawned? Portals aren't discarded in Assault mode. Also, every time a marine discards an objective token, you gain 3 argent power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chapman
msg tools
Sorry, to answer your question in your title, no demons do not prevent marines from interacting with them if standing on them, unless they are specifically 'held' by the demon, as in the Sample Collection mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.