shawn
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our format is that out of our group of four players, we play about 3 or 4 times a month, one player picks a game, we play it 3 or 4 sessions in a row, then move on to the next game, we get through about 8 title per year, and decided that we would try to play LCG/Legacy games in 2017.

looking for recommendations for games that would be rewarding in 3-4 plays, also which games to avoid because they may not make the cut out of this list:

I own: Gloomhaven and Seafall for Legacy games and a couple starter boxes for Arkham Horror Card Game. maybe I would lump in Mage Knight as a game with the ability to play multiple sessions and advance your character.

our host owns: Pandemic Legacy, T.I.M.E. stories for legacy games, and for LCG games, the first two pathfinder card games, the first of which we have a bout 6 sessions played and probably will move onto something new. Also he has some some Lord of the Rings LCG.

any recommendations where to start for legacy? and for LCG? anything not on that list that would be worth acquiring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Wars Arena
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Arkham Horror: The Card Game. It's one of the few LCGs which supports four players, it's a fun co-op, and you should be able to play a single campaign in 3-4 sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T.I.M.E. Stories sounds like a good choice. Most Legacy games (like Pandemic or Gloomhaven) might require a lot more plays than just 3-4.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you already own AH: LCG, go with that for your LCG. If you want something different, I would suggest waiting for the L5R LCG or look into something like Ashes as it has a slower rate of product spam and one core set is enough versus FFG's LCGs which tend to need more than one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.