Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Will a Summons attack an object that has hit points (like a scenario objective)? If so, what priority does it give the object compared to monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice question. The FAQ states, "Are obstacles with hit points considered enemies? Can they poisoned, wounded, etc.?
Obstacles with hit points are technically considered enemies for all ability purposes, but they are immune to all negative conditions."

This does imply the (not officially confirmed) weird case where mindthief can mindcontrol an obstacle into moving?

However, this does not mention summons at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yes, summons will attack obstacles with hit points. Not sure what an obstacles initiative would be, but I would assume they'd be considered to have 99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
icelock wrote:
Yes, summons will attack obstacles with hit points. Not sure what an obstacles initiative would be, but I would assume they'd be considered to have 99

Is there a source that they will, or just the implication that obstacles are enemies if they have hitpoints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
GAFBlizzard wrote:
icelock wrote:

Is there a source that they will, or just the implication that obstacles are enemies if they have hitpoints?

Up until the most recent version of the Scenario Book, many of these were given an initiative value of 99 for the purpose of summon focusing, and so I'm assuming that maybe Isaac removed all mention of this from the Special Rules with the intention of adding such a statement to the rulebook instead, but simply forgot. For the record, the Special Rules all used to do things like repeatedly define C, or explain that an obstacle was able to be targeted like an enemy, and blah, blah, blah... All of this was later condensed into a section on pg 34 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bennett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would have been huge recently. We just about won a scenario after deciding summons wouldn't target doors with hit points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
icelock wrote:

Yes, summons focus on obstacles with hit points and they are considered to have initiative 99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.