Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification of two scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mulder
msg tools
Absolutely loving this game, but wanted two scenarios cleared up after our second playthough.

1. Incite rebellion was used in a subjugated system, since there were no space units from the rebels we went straight to ground. The rebels wiped out the empires ground forces, there was no empire leader on the system. What is supposed to happen with the Empire's space units, do they remain in the system that was just taken over by the rebels?

2. The death star moves on to a planet with a bunch of air and ground units, rebel player declares this is the rebel base, rebel player moves its units from the rebel base space to the actual rebel base system.
Empire eventually wins the space battle, whereas the rebel wipes out the Empire's ground units (basically same as scenario 1). After combat I use my final leader with the superlaser online card, I blow up the rebel base, was this played out correctly?

Appreciate anyone's input, I'm already stoked to play this game again... and again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, in this case the rebels control the ground and the Empire controls space.

2) Correct, as long as the Empire leader was assigned to the Superlaser Online mission ahead of time. Empire wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HecticMash wrote:
2. The death star moves on to a planet with a bunch of air and ground units

Question for clarification, were the air and ground units there, or they were your air and ground units that moved in with the Death Star?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mulder
msg tools
They were air and ground units that moved in with the Death Star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. It sounds like you had a very thematic game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mulder
msg tools
Primus0788 wrote:
Okay. It sounds like you had a very thematic game!

Oh it was amazing! It really does help when you have two people that are crazy about Star Wars playing, really helps with the tension and atmosphere. We usually even play the soundtrack in the background for added effect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mulder
msg tools
VanMark wrote:
1) Yes, in this case the rebels control the ground and the Empire controls space.

2) Correct, as long as the Empire leader was assigned to the Superlaser Online mission ahead of time. Empire wins.

1) Perfect, then I believe I understand the rules of this one. In case there was a empire leader, retreat would have been possible, correct?

2) To further clarify, the empire leader was assigned to the Superlaser Online card at the beginning of the assignment phase. After multiple rounds of combat at the rebel base, the empire had control of space whereas the rebels maintained control of the ground. since we couldn't fight each other in either ground or space anymore, combat ends. We move on to the next round of command phase, my opponent passes, I reveal my final hand, Superlaser Online, boom goes the rebel base, I believe this to be the correct manner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HecticMash wrote:
1) Perfect, then I believe I understand the rules of this one. In case there was a empire leader, retreat would have been possible, correct?

Yes. Note too that the Imperials could have added a leader with tactics values from their pool when the combat started.

Quote:
2) To further clarify, the empire leader was assigned to the Superlaser Online card at the beginning of the assignment phase. After multiple rounds of combat at the rebel base, the empire had control of space whereas the rebels maintained control of the ground. since we couldn't fight each other in either ground or space anymore, combat ends. We move on to the next round of command phase, my opponent passes, I reveal my final hand, Superlaser Online, boom goes the rebel base, I believe this to be the correct manner?

Yes, this is correct. You had the correct foresight to play the Superlasers Online card before any of the Command Phase before you had turns were made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mulder
msg tools
Perfect, thank you for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.