Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: BLESS and CURSE cards - Is there a limit to how many times you can be affected? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Oates
United States
California
flag msg tools
I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere, maybe I'm blind.

Do you put a CURSE card in your deck every time a monster makes an attack that adds a CURSE effect? On the flip side, do you add a BLESS card to your deck every time you are targeted by an effect that adds a BLESS?

I ask because the rules say you can only be affected by one instance of a specific condition - that multiple conditions do not stack, (no double poisoned). I thought I read somewhere that BLESS and CURSE are an exception, but I can't find that ruling again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No limit (Source) other than the physical card limit.

Blessings and curses don't follow that rule because they aren't tracked like poison, wound, stun, etc. Note that those Bless and Curse tokens aren't actually used.

FAQ wrote:
Is there a purpose to the BLESS and CURSE punch board tokens?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OriginalShryke wrote:
I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere, maybe I'm blind.

Do you put a CURSE card in your deck every time a monster makes an attack that adds a CURSE effect? On the flip side, do you add a BLESS card to your deck every time you are targeted by an effect that adds a BLESS?

I ask because the rules say you can only be affected by one instance of a specific condition - that multiple conditions do not stack, (no double poisoned). I thought I read somewhere that BLESS and CURSE are an exception, but I can't find that ruling again.
There is no limit on how many curses or blessings your character can have. In our last session my GF's Brute got hit with five curses in a single round due to unforseen events. ^.^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sunkeeper
can add quite a few blesses in each scenario, certainly one of if not the best support class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
carkara wrote:
A
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sunkeeper
can add quite a few blesses in each scenario, certainly one of if not the best support class.

I'll agree, having just unlocked that class, their ability to act as an amazing support seems fantastic (as well as the ability to be a good fighter, if you pick the right cards).

There is another character that you can get which can fill up the enemy deck with curse cards, and it's saved our bacon a few times (pulling 3 curse cards in a row from the enemy deck for 5 damage monsters was a moment we cheered over).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.