Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Hello,

Taking a good look at the cards today, I noticed that some patrons can be of a type that other patrons like (or want).
Examples:
- The Wandering Minstrel is a entertainer
- The Warrior Maiden is a wench (and a hunter)

If I just added the Wandering Minstrel in my tavern, and I have no "staff" entertainer, can I add the Wandering Wizard to the tavern? He wants an entertainer and I now have an entertainer (though he's a patron, not a staff).

Also, if someone who likes entertainers is already in my tavern, can he/she stay because of the Wandering Minstrel? (assuming that the Wandering Minstrel stays of course - that guy doesn't like anything but there are cards allowing me to keep any patron for the next round and I might decide to keep that Wandering Minstrel).

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was in the rules already. It's certainly somewhere.

You only need something, or someone, people Want in a Tavern to bring in more Patrons. It doesn't have to be on a Staff or Goods card. So if you have a Wandering Minstrel, you can hire Serving Wenches for free, because you have an Entertainer. If you have any Wenches in your Tavern, then someone like the Pit Fighter will stay at the end of the Round, even if the Wench leaves.

Anticipating a question, Staff count for Games, so if you have the Dwarven Barkeep, you get a gold coin from the Dartboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Christoffers
United States
Kountze
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Laurent,

ASwagman totally has it right. If a card Wants an Entertainer, then as long as you count as having any Entertainer in your Tavern (regardless of card type), you're able to play the card.

Also, if a card Likes something that is in the Tavern during the Counting The Till Phase (when you gain your Gold for the round and discard Patrons who don't "Like" anything in your Tavern), then it stays until the next Counting The Till Phase. However, if something caused you to discard that Wandering Minstrel, for example, before the Counting The Till Phase, and you had a Patron who Likes Entertainers but have no other Entertainer in your Tavern by the time the CTT Phase comes around, you would then discard it.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Dann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Thanks Dann and ASwagman for the clarification. It does help!

Laurent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.