Thumb up
1 Posts

Paths to Hell» Forums » General

Subject: Point-based scenario : a new game !! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean SOL
flag msg tools
After playing all the scenarios included in the booklet, you'll try your own point-based scenario, as i did.
Designers recommend a number of points adapted to kind of engagement (for example, 150 pts for a meeting engagement in one board). This seems well calculated to obtain the same type of battle than in the standard scenarios .
But i recommend to try with less points (no more than 100 pts for meeting in one board) : really, you'll obtain a "new game", with more mobility, more surprise , more tactic , and i think more realism at a platoon scale (a kind of "Ambush" in an other way): no firing automatically, but after thinking, and a step loss is an important thing, not a "simple event".
Moreover, i think that the future "Alone in the Storm", with its fog of war, will increase more this "platoon scale effect".
This shows the quality and adaptability of WSS series et above all its replayability.
Try this, you won't regret !!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.