5 Posts

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Strategy combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Jia Jun
Singapore
flag msg tools
I'm trying to explore other fun/good combos in Battlelore.

Here are some common ones:
1) Undead - Minions (Uses 3 Necro and bunch of reanimates and archers and some Graveyard)
2) Undead - Blight army (Archers, Wyvern and Death Knight)
3) Human - Mass Calvary (3x Riverwatch + 3x Citadel Lancer + some archers/mage with 2x Over-run lore cards)

Here are some new ones that I thought of:
1) Human - Ironbound army (2x Ironbound + 2-3x Mage with plentiful of defensive lore cards like Healing Hands, Wall of Steel and Stalward defenders) Tons of Armour to break through
2) Demon - RAMBO Dragon (1x Great Dragon with 3x Flesh Ripper as secondary attackers. Have lore deck with Unstoppable, Bone Spur, Fury of Y'llan, Blood sacrifice and Dark Pact) Idea to use all those cards on your dragon.
3) Demon - Flesh Rippers (Put 3x Flesh Rippers concentrated in 1 section + 3x Blood Sisters concentrated in another section. Watch your opponent scream with fear whistle)
4) Human - Death from Above (2x Archer on 2x Sapphire Crystal + 3x Riverwatch riders) Use Riverwatch run to an enemy and let archer have 2 shots of 4 dices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d z
msg tools
I'd argue that no minion army is complete with some bone horrors. the 1 lore for 1 movement tradeoff is just too useful, especially considering minions overall are kind of slow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to try the Rambo Dragon. That sounds like a blast!

I'm struggling to come up with any more combos. The problem is that lore cards are so hard to come by that I find it hard to build a strategy around them. And the fact that you are restricted to 2 of each lore card also makes it tough.

I'd love to use Blood Sacrifce to remove a figure from a Blood Sisters unit, only to have her recover, but I just feel like the stars have to align for that to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Jia Jun
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hmm, I have rather some negative perspective about bone horrors. Perhaps wait till I try them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Jia Jun
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budgernaut wrote:
I'm going to have to try the Rambo Dragon. That sounds like a blast!

I'm struggling to come up with any more combos. The problem is that lore cards are so hard to come by that I find it hard to build a strategy around them. And the fact that you are restricted to 2 of each lore card also makes it tough.

I'd love to use Blood Sacrifce to remove a figure from a Blood Sisters unit, only to have her recover, but I just feel like the stars have to align for that to happen.

Look forward to your reviews! I'm trying that as well in a few days time!

Ideally, opponent will die trying to kill your 1x dragon (with all those cards!)

Hmm, same with the struggle. I normally come out combo as long as majority of the cards suits the purpose. (Death Pact on Dragon with 1-2 HP left is just once-a-lifetime case! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.