Subject: double checkmark perks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed reading through the rules that some of the perks require a double -mark. So this means you have to level up twice to unlock that perk? Or get them through the checkmark system. Is this true, or is it a remnant of an old rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perks with 2 boxes can be gained twice. They only need one box to apply. You can apply them twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickel Eye
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The perks with two checks mean you can chose that perk a second time, not hat it takes two checks to get it once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aahhhh. That makes sense. So each time you get the perk, you can apply it. If you fill the next box, you can get the same perk again. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aust
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scozar52 wrote:
I noticed reading through the rules that some of the perks require a double -mark. So this means you have to level up twice to unlock that perk? Or get them through the checkmark system. Is this true, or is it a remnant of an old rulebook?

It actually means you can gain that perk twice. This was confirmed in another thread by Josh McDowell, the graphic designer. It's definitely not super clear this is the case though.

Edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I just commented to Josh that this perk listing was confusing! Maybe it will be changed in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.