2 Posts

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: east europe question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
flag msg tools
Situation: Start of the campaign game. Italy is neutral. Italy declares war on Yugoslavia and Romania. In the Fall 1939 turn, Germany conquers Poland. In the Fall 1939 turn, Italy (still neutral) satisfies the DoW requirements against Romania and Yugoslavia so that the DoW is not revoked. Germany has not violated the nazi-soviet pact.

Scenario 1) Italy has not conquered Romania.
Who controls Besarrabia? What does East Europe consist of? Any restrictions on Russia attacking Romania, Italy, or Germany?

Scenario 2) Italy has conquered Romania.
Who controls Besarrabia? What does East Europe consist of? Any restrictions on Russia attacking Italy, or Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm assuming that the restriction on Russia declaring war on Germany and Italy is otherwise still in effect. I think the key then becomes whether or not Italian units are in Bessarabia, regardless of whether Italy has conquered Rumania or not. If there are no Italian units in Bessarabia, then I believe the Russians can declare war on Eastern Europe and Bessarabia would be part of EE and not part of Rumania. In that case, Italy would have to declare war on EE, and therefore on Russia, in order to enter Bessarabia.

There is also a timing component to this, as if no one has declared war on EE by Spring 1940, Bessarabia will remain part of Rumania. I think the complicated issue is what happens if Italy manages to get units into Bessarabia before the Russians declare war on EE? I think that the simplest solution is to assume that Italy would have to declare war on EE in order to enter Bessarabia, and then only if the Russians have not done so themselves. Really I think this is best avoided by Russia by simply declaring war on EE immediately and occupying it. I don't see what advantage is to be gained by delaying, and it risks various potential negatives such as Germany being able to declare war on EE without having to declare war on Russia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.