Subject: Can the Blockade event be played regularly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy CggE023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi,

Can the Blockades card be played as a regular event during your turn? In other words can the event itself be played in an non-response situation? or if still not clear Does the Brown background solely reserve the Blockade event to be solely played as a response card play?

Many thanks,
Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean Blockhouses? (I'm not aware of a blockade card unless it's part of a newer edition)

If so, the red text indicates when it can be played. Blockhouses can't be played until someone is about to roll on the raid table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy CggE023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Yes that is correct! Sorry about that, Blockhouses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wagner
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he is referring to the Blockhouses event. My interpretation of the rules is that these "response" cards can only be played as a response to something your opponent is doing.

If it is your turn, you cannot play the blockhouses event to place the blockhouse markers on the board. You would only be able to place the markers if it was the opponents turn and he was about to roll on the raid table.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
pwagn594 wrote:
Yes, he is referring to the Blockhouses event. My interpretation of the rules is that these "response" cards can only be played as a response to something your opponent is doing.

If it is your turn, you cannot play the blockhouses event to place the blockhouse markers on the board. You would only be able to place the markers if it was the opponents turn and he was about to roll on the raid table.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Pete

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.