BSUGrad
msg tools
mbmb
So, I plan on running several sessions of this, one for all four books including the Kickstarter Adventures.

For each Book, how much time would you allot them or does that seem too long to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BSUGrad
msg tools
mbmb
FYI, For the Kickstarter, I am having them pick a storyline or the Mouser adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
I don't have an answer to your question, but if you are doing the MOUSERS scenario, you might want to read this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24208422#24208422

Kevin wrote that in response to how quickly people mastered the scenario. I have not played with those rules, but it sounds entertaining. Without that, the MOUSERS scenario can get a bit stale by the end (depending on your strategy and the heroes you choose). But like KW said, it wasn't meant to be a barn burner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Game play time says 60-90 mins. I would allow extra time so you can explain the game to new people so 120 min per session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you going to run with the same group over and over or with a different group each time?

If each session is a new group that needs to learn the rules I'm not sure what is gained by taking from all the various books. They ramp up in difficulty pretty hard so a random person sitting down for their first play is going to probably get hammered by a book 4 adventure. These later adventures assume you understand how to use movement to your advantage, when to group up & when to scatter, and how all your powers work. None of this can be expected from a new group playing for the first time. (Not saying those are bad adventures, just bad into adventures)

If on the other hand you are playing with the same group over and over why not play them through one whole book and give them a taste of the way the scenarios link together?

If this is a con so every play will be with new people I might pick one scenario that demonstrates the game pretty well & just use that every time. No points for variety if no one person will see any of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.