Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brimstone/Tombstone card: "Draw a card from the last Ugrade Deck." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The C Man
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
One of the Brimstone cards in AQ:I allows a player to draw a card from the last upgrade deck. I remember there being a Tombstone card in BtG which did the same thing.

One way to interpret this card (and the way I interpret it) is that you draw the top card from the last Upgrade Deck. When we play this way we shuffle the Upgrade Deck first so the player has a chance of drawing any card that's left. The other interpretation (favoured by someone else in our gaming group) is that the player who activates that Brimstone card gets to choose any card they like from the last Upgrade Deck.

The first way makes the Brimstone card a fair bit weaker, but since there aren't any Upgrade cards that are bad to have it's still one of the better Brimstone cards. The second way seems a little overpowered, as the player can take the best Upgrade card possible (out of what's left) for their guild and get it for free. That makes this Brimstone card better than some reward cards! And since there's usually one right in front of a player's starting area, someone can get a huge advantage for being lucky enough to start in the right spot.

Which is the correct way to play this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuggas wrote:
Which is the correct way to play this card?

As it says draw a card and not choose a card we give the player a random card. Which can already be very strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
As it says draw a card and not choose a card we give the player a random card. Which can already be very strong.

I'd agree with this. Draw, to me, should always be interpreted as 'taking a card blindly' unless explicitly stated otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^ what they said. "Draw" is random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The C Man
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Well my friend won't be happy with that. Thanks for the help guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.