Subject: HoS vs. Richard III rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Gotti
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder why most peoples in Forum says Richard III is the better Game but the rating from HoS here on BGG is much better ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
We disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, don't put too much value in BGG ratings. They are a tool to consider, but only one tool of many.

Why is Hammer of the Scots rated higher? Hard to say. Ratings are a fickle thing and it's often hard to give a definitive answer to questions like that. But I could speculate:

* It's older, so maybe there are many old ratings from before Richard III had released that haven't been updated.
* It's got a bit more chrome and takes longer to play a full game, so maybe there are enough people around who prefer that complexity.
* For better or worse, I think the theme is more familiar/popular to many people in North America due to the movie Braveheart.
* Perhaps important is the sheer number of players who have tried each game: roughly 3,400 ratings are listed for Hammer of the Scots compared to 750 for Richard III.

Personally, I wouldn't say either game is "much better" than they other, as both are solid games worth playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SonofAleric wrote:
I wonder why most peoples in Forum says Richard III is the better Game but the rating from HoS here on BGG is much better ?

RIII better? Holy guacamoly, my gaming buddies would say HoTS is the better one 100%. I even traded RIII because it was doing nothing but collect dust. Not that it's bad, but no one here prefer it to HoTS or Ceasar, so it would never have come out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.