Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rout Phase Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Glassman
United States
Peru
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the rule book, it states that if a Leader is with a broken unit throughout the entire rout phase, whether the leader is broken or not, then that adds to MF to that units movement. Does that mean an unbroken leader can "rout" with broken units during the rout phase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
msg tools
mb
Yes, provided he starts in the rout phase in the same hex. He can port SW too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
November 11, 1918 - end of WW-I
badge
Lest we forget
Avatar
mb
sbramley1967 wrote:
Yes, provided he starts in the rout phase in the same hex. He can port SW too.
It called the "Hey! Wait for me!"-maneuver

* mental picture of sergeant running after his fleeing squad carrying as much of the heavy weapons they abandoned as he can * laugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Glassman
United States
Peru
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's what I thought. They didn't specifically state that they could in the rules, so I wanted to make sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar

pedro2112 wrote:
That's what I thought. They didn't specifically state that they could in the rules, so I wanted to make sure.


Actually, the rules are a little disjointed, you might say. The one you want isn't always where you want it. Under 15. Leadership (not routing, I know) there is this;

Squad Leader Rules wrote:

15.8 Any leader unit stacked with a broken unit at the beginning of the Rout Phase may elect to move with the broken unit as it routs to cover. If it elects to do so, the leader unit must remain with the routed unit(s) for the entire duration of the Phase. The non-broken leader could conceivably carry up to 3 portage points of support weapons. No other movement of non-broken units is allowed during the Rout Phase.


Routing is one of the most challenging concepts in the game. Don't be shy about asking questions.
Scott's a very good authority.
Have fun.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar

_Kael_ wrote:
sbramley1967 wrote:
Yes, provided he starts in the rout phase in the same hex. He can port SW too.
It called the "Hey! Wait for me!"-maneuver

* mental picture of sergeant running after his fleeing squad carrying as much of the heavy weapons they abandoned as he can * laugh


You're very charitible.
I think of it as the "You forgot your s#!t, you morons!!"-maneuver.
Same image, different speech bubble;
"You're in the middle of a WAR!! These things are going to keep you alive, you meatheads!!"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.