Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Brute will be the first to retire, pretty soon.

I want to make sure I know how many Perks to give his replacement, and also how much gold.

Our town just hit Prosperity level 3, if that helps. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the new character will come in at level 3, meaning they will have 2 perks for that. But... because the PLAYER has retired a character, that gives all of their future characters +1 perk, making 3 in total.

The new character will also have 60 gold to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
new character gains 1 perk for your retired character
then starts on level 3 (prosperity 3)
so two more perks
and with 15 multiplied with (level+1)
so 60 gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
You don't have to start at level 3 if you'd prefer to start at a lower level to try out the class before picking your level 2 and 3 cards, and then you could level up to prosperity later. However, then you wouldn't get the 60 starting gold either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. I thought the perks were at least level + 1. Glad I asked.

Brute will be retiring at level 3, but he may have 6 Perks at that time We almost ALWAYS get our battle goals, so we're averaging at least 1 extra perk per level. Seems the new recruits come in a little under-powered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
don't forget that probably the monster level goes down aswell as your party total level is less. Yes you have to grind your new char from the start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Au
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
ebridge wrote:

Brute will be retiring at level 3, but he may have 6 Perks at that time We almost ALWAYS get our battle goals, so we're averaging at least 1 extra perk per level. Seems the new recruits come in a little under-powered

I'm pretty sure that's why Isaac FAQ'd the extra perk per retired character, to bring up the average strength of characters a bit as the game progresses.

FYI retirement is in the manual on page 48 and creating new characters on page 42 if you need to look up the rules again; it includes the formula for the starting gold and mentions that you can start any level equal to or below prosperity; the only thing it's missing is the note about the retirement perks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:

I want to make sure I know how many Perks to give his replacement, and also how much gold.

How many plays to get to Prosperity level 3? No spoilers about how, just a number.

I'm asking because I have played 10 games and my Brute is one scenario away from retiring already. But prosperity is still at level 1, so I'm thinking about holding off on the retirement party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
We are like 2 ticks from 3 at 14 missions complete (and 1 fail), so my character retiring will probably put us to 3 unless some event reduces it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we are between 15 and 20 scenarios played and just hit level 2 Prosperity. We also donate to the Sanctuary a lot (possible spoiler there).

We also choose to be "good and helpful" whenever possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
How many plays to get to Prosperity level 3? No spoilers about how, just a number.

I'm asking because I have played 10 games and my Brute is one scenario away from retiring already. But prosperity is still at level 1, so I'm thinking about holding off on the retirement party.

There is a way that prosperity can be increased, but you said no spoilers....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:

Also, don't forget to open the Town Records book, and give the town +1 Prosperity for retiring a character.

There may also be some event cards to add to the Road and City event decks for both the retiring character and the new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
ebridge wrote:

Well, the unlocked characters I've seen so far have started off more powerful than the initial characters, so even if you are behind on a few perks and items, you will still feel able to keep up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Free mead in the Sleeping Lion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.