Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Engelberg
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find such a rule in the rulebook, but it feels like the game needs some way to remove knights from the board and put them back into the reserve. Without such a rule, a player can get completely screwed by deploying knights to a region of the board and then those knights get fenced in.

Is there a mechanism that allows for knight removal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Promote them to villages/strongholds - that removes the knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lude
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The Magic goes Away! - Nevinyrral
mbmbmbmbmb
It happens very rarely, but if you get all of your knights trapped like that, it's on you. I've never seen it happen. Sometimes you don't want to have points that an opponent will take by raiding a village, but that may be the trade-off you need to make to redeploy. It's a short game, a skilled player won't make that mistake. Have you played and had this happen? Or is this speculation based only on reading the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Engelberg
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it happen, but I can't remember whether there was literally no way to recover the knights, or just that it would have been unwise to convert to a village.

My main issue is that in the past two games I played, one player was able to take advantage of the fact that everyone else's knights were tied up elsewhere to runaway with the lead unimpeded.

So a quicker way to recycle knights seems like it would add more balance to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.