1 Posts

Elusive Victory: The Air War over the Suez Canal, 1967-1973» Forums » Strategy

Subject: First Time Playing EV4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
flag msg tools
Looking at Mig 17s who have a bomb strength of 0.5, it would seem that leaving the bombs behind and strafing instead would be a better strategy.

For these reasons:

Attack factor of 1.0 per aircraft since their cannon is bigger 30mm or larger.

Clean configuration so they can dash for 4 instead of 3

And if caught in air combat, they can use their full maneuver value.

And a couple of questions:

Does using rockets in level mode on the deck get the -2 modifier for level bombing?

If I fit the bombing run profile for each attack, can a jet strafe and bomb in the same attack?

Since all 3 targets are in 1 hex, can I have each plane attack a different target in the same bombing run?

And it looks like the total VPs for all targets at the airfield are added together and divided by 3 for the actual VPs gained from the bombing run.

The worst the bombing run modifier for AAA can get (consider medium AAA) is -3 (AAA modifiers don't add, we just take the worst modifier for the attacker)

So if I am in the target hex and I get hit by AAA and take damage, do I take a morale check after I drop my bombs or before?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.