Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » Reviews

Subject: My thoughts about the game + brainstorming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Istvan Bertyak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

Recently we tried the new edition of the game. We had fun, I think the developers did a great job fixing the old rules (which I didn't like at all). So I was very happy when we tested the new rules and it turned out to be great.

However we've noticed some odd things during play.

First was that the heroes can die very quick. Even the Brutes KO'ed fast as a character can easily attack multiple times per activation. We played 2v2 match so there was 4 Heroes per side... Could this be the problem? Tanks died in basically 2 turns if the enemy team focused them... Ranged Heroes died in 1 enemy activation (even if they stand in the middle of the crew). Which leads us the the second point...

... Isn't it bothering you that all heroes have the same amount of life within a character class? Yesterday I opened the spanish expansion heroes set and the ranged character was a big guy with a haropoon minigun in his hand with... 6 life??? I don't feel that very thematic.

I like the heroes' abilities very much but maybe I would like it more if there was variability in their life stat. Maybe this big ranged guy could have more HP but weaker (or max 2 range) attack?

Also I think an armor stat would be good and it would expand Heroes lifespan as well. It could range between 0-2, so even Brute characters could differ a little bit more. The armor value could be substracted from Hits or damage or I don't know. It wouldn't require very much plus maths, but it could give more depth to the game.

Last thing was the Kraken. I very liked the new version although we never had a chance to kill it, as its reaction punish the attacking (mellee) characters very hard. But I think the Kraken became better overall.

What do you think about these things? Do you have same issues or this happened only for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't you already post all these same points in your other thread?

Here: Some thoughts about the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Didn't you already post all these same points in your other thread?

Here: Some thoughts about the game

I thought this sounded like I had read it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istvan Bertyak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I wanted to post it first, but then I can't find it for 3 or 4 days so I post it in general forum... :S Sorry. Can I delete the duplicate somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parduckoponya wrote:
Yeah I wanted to post it first, but then I can't find it for 3 or 4 days so I post it in general forum... :S Sorry. Can I delete the duplicate somehow?

Once someone's replied, the thread remains... forever! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.