Thumb up
1 Posts

Gum Gum Machine» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Why we like Gum Gums... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conny T.
msg tools
Alright I get it, this game is probably not the best game ever. A lot of you even seem to hate it, for a reason I simply can't understand. Everyone thinks it is boring. I don't and here is why (disclaimer: if you want to know how to play it, read the rules):

First off why did my boyfriend and I buy it: Because it was 50% off at our local "game" shop, simple as that (OK, probably not the best idea purchasing a game that's 50% off, because nobody else wanted it. On the other hand we are PhD students with little money so naturally we can't resist 50% stickers whistle)

At home we started reading the rules and at the same time comments on BGG and knew immediately that we shouldn't go in playing with the expectation of this being a great game.

So we set it up for our first two player game and a few minutes in we started to enjoy the game quite a bit. Ok, I admit we are both engineers and therefore we love turning some crazy switches robot
We also realized that GUM GUMs won't fill an entire gaming evening, but thats ok. Not every game needs to be an Arkham Horror horror.

So when do we actually play this game: When we want our gaming friends to leave because it is already 4 o'clock and we all feel the warmth of several alcoholic beverages.
Maybe I just confused you, but our gaming group always plays one last, quick and easy game at the end of each session. And for this purpose it is a great game and it gets even funnier if some of use have a hard time focusing, as is usually the case at the wee hours.

Therefore I can recommend the Gum Gums for gamers with small kids or grown up friends that stay too long and always want to play one final game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.