Hide
13 Posts

SUPERHOT: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pillar activated on center line rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Smith
msg tools
For the Pillar enemy ability, do you draw a 7th card onto the line from the obstacle draw pile, or do you draw a card into your hand from the player deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venereth wrote:
For the Pillar enemy ability, do you draw a 7th card onto the line from the obstacle draw pile, or do you draw a card into your hand from the player deck?

Hi you draw extra card into your hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm using your thread since I have a question regarding the same card

When the Pillar obstacle is in the line and when during phase 6 it makes me "Draw an extra card (from the player deck). What happens if I have 4 cards in my hand from phase 3 (refill your hand) but the player deck and player discard are now empty hence not letting me draw a 5th card. Do I instantly lose or do I skip the draw effect?
The rulebook says under phase 3 "If there are not enough cards to refill your hand to 4 cards,...., you have just lost the game" but what about not being able to draw this extra card during phase 6?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W4RSpite wrote:
Hi, I'm using your thread since I have a question regarding the same card

When the Pillar obstacle is in the line and when during phase 6 it makes me "Draw an extra card (from the player deck). What happens if I have 4 cards in my hand from phase 3 (refill your hand) but the player deck and player discard are now empty hence not letting me draw a 5th card. Do I instantly lose or do I skip the draw effect?
The rulebook says under phase 3 "If there are not enough cards to refill your hand to 4 cards,...., you have just lost the game" but what about not being able to draw this extra card during phase 6?

Thanks

As rules said - when you can't draw cards and you can creat a new player deck you lose - bullets are not the only threat in tis game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
So what if there is a pillar in the line, and no actual threats? (Unarmed dudes, tables, briefcases, etc.)

Then, theoretically, I could play 0 cards in phase 2, draw 0 cards in phase 3, and then draw an extra card in phase 6 and I'm back where I started with . So I could repeat that until I have my entire deck in my hands. And then I just play something to get rid of the pillar and I'm set up nicely for the next few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reynaert wrote:
So what if there is a pillar in the line, and no actual threats? (Unarmed dudes, tables, briefcases, etc.)

Then, theoretically, I could play 0 cards in phase 2, draw 0 cards in phase 3, and then draw an extra card in phase 6 and I'm back where I started with . So I could repeat that until I have my entire deck in my hands. And then I just play something to get rid of the pillar and I'm set up nicely for the next few turns.

The line scrolls at least one spot per turn, so it will leave the line by itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
That's what I thought but when I specifically searched for that I couldn't find any mention of it in the rulebook. The only mention of removing one card is in the 'wait' step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
gr9yfox wrote:
reynaert wrote:

The line scrolls at least one spot per turn, so it will leave the line by itself.

Can you clarify this? If you choose Move and play no cards, there is no indication in the rules that the Line would scroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weasel47 wrote:
Can you clarify this? If you choose Move and play no cards, there is no indication in the rules that the Line would scroll.

There's also nothing in the rules that says you can Move and play no cards, it's something that came up here in the forum. If you don't want to use cards you should Wait, and waiting should remove the last card in the line and take you to "Step 5: Check the goals".

This has been coming up so often, maybe I should start a thread to clarify it. Still, I hope this answer helps you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I created a thread in order to clarify this topic. Please check it here.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification, it all makes more sense this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
gr9yfox wrote:
There's also nothing in the rules that says you can Move and play no cards, it's something that came up here in the forum. If you don't want to use cards you should Wait, and waiting should remove the last card in the line and take you to "Step 5: Check the goals".

This has been coming up so often, maybe I should start a thread to clarify it. Still, I hope this answer helps you!

There's also nothing in my rulebook that says you cannot Move and play no cards. There is no mention of having to play at least one card or anything to that effect.

Also, according to my rulebook, waiting takes you to step 6, not 5.

I'm going to take this as errata.

Edit: I see you addressed both these points in the other thread, so never mind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.