Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Walden
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
My first BGG post.

Playing a solo Main Event game and thought I would share how I keep up with which units have been activated.

I bought a box of wooden push pins and removed the pins. I put a pin top on a unit after activation.

They fit perfectly and are easily removed when it's time for the next factions operations phase.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

I use the wooden workers from Puerto Rico.l, the game comes with extra pieces, but your idea is way better.

Will have to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kellomäki
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, maybe I'll experiment with something like that.

I just rotate the counters 90 degrees, but it's a bit of a chore to return them back to normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Daemou wrote:

I just rotate the counters 90 degrees, but it's a bit of a chore to return them back to normal.

I used to do this at first, but as you state is a pain to straight everything up.

The P Rico pieces are better, but they require some precision to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always have a box of small translucent coloured counters next to me when I play any wargame - really useful for marking all sorts of things
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
TrotskyTrotsky wrote:
I always have a box of small translucent coloured counters next to me when I play any wargame - really useful for marking all sorts of things

I use colored tile spacers for the same purpose. As with tanslucent counters, you can make out the stats of the counter below it, which can be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that it's just as easy to rotate the counter 45 degrees to indicate that it's completed its activation. You can see how this person does it 7:45 minutes into this YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hnEgOxIxd4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Walden
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
I find that it's just as easy to rotate the counter 45 degrees to indicate that it's completed its activation. You can see how this person does it 7:45 minutes into this YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=9hnEgOxIxd4

But you still have to rotate them back... To each his own, I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jwwj wrote:

I bought a box of wooden push pins and removed the pins.

May I ask how specifically do you remove the pins?

Bought a box of plastic push pins and although I expect some may brake from the head, two out of two is not a good average...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Walden
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
rubendario5 wrote:
jwwj wrote:

I bought a box of wooden push pins and removed the pins.

May I ask how specifically do you remove the pins?

Bought a box of plastic push pins and although I expect some may brake from the head, two out of two is not a good average...

I'm not sure how hard plastic ones would be, but with the wooden head pins, I just held the head and used pliers to pull the pins out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.