The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » General

Subject: When is this being printed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary The Bruce
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've gotten myself pretty keen for some submarine (or should that be u-boat) goodness, but can't see anywhere when we can actually expect this to be printed. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Chen
msg tools
It's now under P500 pre-ordering from GMT. See:
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-556-the-hunters-3rd-printing.aspx

And also the sequel, The Hunted:
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-590-the-hunted-twilight-of-the-u-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary The Bruce
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but do we have an expected date, or how long do these things usually take? I've already pre-ordered, and watched Das Boot and U-571 in anticipation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
The other three consim press games are currently scheduled for 2018 (including The Hunted), so I'm going to go woth that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zacharycbruce wrote:
Thanks, but do we have an expected date, or how long do these things usually take? I've already pre-ordered, and watched Das Boot and U-571 in anticipation!

Also watch The Enemy Below. It is based on a true story, the real-life battle between U-405 and USS Borie in November 1943.
Also good is the BBC production of The Laconia Incident, which is based on the real-life saga of the U-256. There is a little bit of soap opera melodrama here and there, but overall it is a decent depiction of the actual events..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Zachary,

I just finished proofing the second draft of the rules (the actual layout....not rough draft.) The main holdup at this point is artwork.... the counters are done (maybe half a dozen left at most) and the U-boat mats are laid out....but because we have 20 capital ships now, that's taking a bit extra time. But Ian is working hard.

I'm still hopeful for this year, though. We are getting there, and since it's the 3rd game in the system, we have previous experience to draw on to hasten the process. But the game is done....just making it print-ready at this point, and doing final artwork.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary The Bruce
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats awesome to hear, thanks.
I went to my local library a couple of days ago and found a copy of the Clay Blair book "The Hunted" so that's keeping me interested.

In the meantime I might have to find another solo game to play, lately I've played a lot of Hornet Leader and enjoyed it, but I'd like something else now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Figge
msg tools
So if I make an order for the 3rd Printing, it's definitely going to be the upgraded "Deluxe" version of the game with the new content?

If so, why does it still say "This is a straight reprint; all components are identical to the Second Print Edition" on the store page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. It says that because I haven't updated the P500 page yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Figge
msg tools
consimworld wrote:
Sorry. It says that because I haven't updated the P500 page yet.

Thanks for the prompt reply, guess I'll add my order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Derek. Once we get THE HUNTED out the door, THE HUNTERS will be up next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any idea why the p500 page has this listed as Out of Stock? Is the reprint already sold out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion. The game is out of stock currently and this is the Preorder Page for the next printing of the game (which will be updated to include the Expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
consimworld wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. The game is out of stock currently and this is the Preorder Page for the next printing of the game (which will be updated to include the Expansion).

Figured that was the case...and just placed my order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just noticed the latest print schedule from GMT (which includes early 2018) doesn't include Hunters...is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ron42na wrote:
Just noticed the latest print schedule from GMT (which includes early 2018) doesn't include Hunters...is that correct?

I just asked this in the Silent Victory Forum as well. Really hoping The Hunters is Q1 2018 with the other ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija Grubišić
Croatia
Sibenik
flag msg tools
yes, i also come here for answer of that question. i intend to wait deluxe edition, but dont see it in 2018 gmt news letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.