Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate April Fool's day. Mostly it's stupid people doing stupid things and going "Hur Hur! Got you!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 100% with you. It wouldn't be so bad if even 10% of the fake stories were clever or funny. April 2 now seems to be a day where ever site has to do damage control from all the "hilarious" stories they published the day before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, we aren't doing an April Fool's joke this year and likely will not do one any year going forward.

There is an unfortunately coincidental bug affecting the site forums right now - that's not April Fool's related. I've alerted the developers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
For the record, we aren't doing an April Fool's joke this year and likely will not do one any year going forward.

There is an unfortunately coincidental bug affecting the site forums right now - that's not April Fool's related. I've alerted the developers.

It could be a meta joke though. You SAY it's not a joke as part of the joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Octavian wrote:

It could be a meta joke though. You SAY it's not a joke as part of the joke.

Maybe this is the developers' April Fools joke on Aldie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

I'm not even complaining about BGG. It's inconvenient not to be able to use the forums, but that's a small thing. It's the fact that I might as well not even look at the rest of the internet today that really bugs me. Every site tries to be clever and make fake stories. I can't recall if it was funny the first time it happened years ago, but it certainly ceased being amusing long since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This film's crap, let's slash the seats
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see BGG still aren't going with my amazing April Fool's idea of giving me access to the banhammmer. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a parallel holiday called "stay off the internet day". Can't believe anything you read April 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I'm not even complaining about BGG. It's inconvenient not to be able to use the forums, but that's a small thing. It's the fact that I might as well not even look at the rest of the internet today that really bugs me.

You should have gone to a game convention today instead of surfing the internet. Worked for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
There should be a parallel holiday called "stay off the internet day". Can't believe anything you read April 1.

I can't tell if this is clever sarcasm or if you actually think its any safer to ready anything on the internet the other 364 days of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I hate April Fool's day. Mostly it's stupid people doing stupid things and going "Hur Hur! Got you!"

Generally agree, but one April Fool's thing that happened this year I can get behind:
Cartoon Network aired a preview of Rick and Morty Season 3 Episode 1 under a DBZ listing. Looks like S3 is going to be very interesting. Such a great show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.