Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played the game a few times wiht my partner and we were confused about the action cards with the "roll!" imperative. in particular, when this roll takes place and if it is seperate from the roll everyone has to do at the beginning of their turn.

So, for example, i have such an action card that i want to play and it is my turn. do i play the action card, roll the production die, carry out the outcome (usually 1-5 one way and 6 another, unless a counter card was played by my opponent beofre i rolled the die), then roll the two dice as usual?

basically confused about the order of events... i am thinking more that it is a sep. die roll, since you do not have to play an action card right away, i.e. it does not have to be the firs thing you do, you can build and such before that, right?

what confused me is that one card (forgot which one) says "you have to roll before" and others don't... a translation problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paull
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re:question about actions cards with
all the Action cards (yellow) that require die rolls are _seperate_ die rolls.

--Jeff Paull

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Van Wulpen
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
While the answer was already given, I suspect that you are doing something wrong in the first place.
You asked whether you had to throw the die BEFORE the regular 2 dice. This can never happen ! The yellow action cards are only played during phase 3 of a turn, i.e. AFTER throwing the dice to determine event (phase 1) and resources (phase 2). AFAIK the only exception to this is the Alchemist which is played before rolling the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
R@ptor (#31743),

A small correction: The Alchemist card gives the player the coice of which resource will be on the Production Die when you roll at the beginning of your turn, so it IS played first. With that exception, the yellow Action Cards are played after the Event and Production Dice are rolled and acted on. This was a point of confusion in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.