Subject: Sleeves - latest cards type and number (1st KS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you want to skip all the detail and find out how many sleeves you want to buy, just go to the end of this post and read the Red or Green numbers :)

since I am ordering some sleeves now, just notice the spreadsheet posted in another post is a bit outdated. (of cause, it's more than 13months ago)
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1529621/sleeves
Quote:

As those food cards will became a part of the Exploration cards.
and assume the latest digital rule book posts on KS are the proper number, the following table is core game cards number compare the rule book and [the spreadsheet]

Action+Curse (blue) : 118 [136]
Random Event(foggy) : 135 [177]
Characters : 11 [11]
clues : 4 [4]
Other : -- [20]
Satchel & Journal : 1 [--]
Save : 10 [--]
sub total : 279 [348]

Exploration (number): 683 [602]
food [30]
State [36]
sub total 683 [668]

Total : 962 [1016]

and follow table are those card number confirmed by Bruno:
Keys:
E-Exploration(Number)cards,
R-Random Event(foggy)cards,
A-Active(blue)cards,
C-Clue cards.
S-Special

Swamp of Madness :E88 R3 A4 C1
The Icy Maze :E69 R22 A4 C1
The Forbidden Sanctuary :E87 R4 A4 C1
sub-total :E244 R29 A12 C3

and Add ons

Path of Repentance :E19 R9 A1 S1
Fear the Devourers :E17 R13
Facing the Elements :E24 R16
sub-total :E60 R38 A1 S1

So, if you are sleeving all your NON exploring (number) cards NOR random event cards:
Core only : 118
Core + non add-ons expansions : 130
Core + all expansions : 132

though, my personal opinion, I would sleeve the random event cards as well, since there's only ~30cards each type*, and you need to use them over and over again if you re-exploring the previous area after saved game. That I would shuffle them quite often.

So, if you are sleeving all your NON-Exploration (number) cards as me, here is the list:

Core only : 253
Core + non add-ons expansions : 294
Core + all expansions : 334

P.S.the numbers above are not included "characters/clues/save/Satchel & Journal Cards" from core game(11+4+1+10 = 26cards) and expansions (clues x 3 cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: latest cards type and number (for those who wanna sleeve)
have updated by Bruno with a list of all those 6 expansions, that the list above should be completed.
Please let me know if there's anything is wrong or not clear enough. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the exploration cards are never shuffled while all the other ones are? Is that why you're sleeving all non-exploration cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A kind of
Exploration (number)-- you don't need to shuffle and they are too many to be sleeve, the core box can't hold if you sleeve all 1.3k cards

Designers suggested only sleeve Active (blue) cards
Which is the Red colour number above

When I think someone would like to sleeve those random event (foggy) cards
That we probably shuffle them quite often. Assume there 5types of foggy cards (I to V), which is ~27cards each zone only.

As for clues and special cards, it's just a small amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as some additional info:

Pledging for the sleeves was for 150 sleeves, but an extra 50 were added gratis to cover the extra action cards due to all the kickstarter stretch goals.

That will leave 39 spare sleeves hanging around which could probably be used for each of the random event card locations, de-sleeving if you wanted to between zones.

This might be a problem if multiple players were split across two different event card zones but I suspect this is protected against by having the 'staircase' action that requires all players in the same location before it can be activated, resulting in 'discarding all cards on the current board and resetting elsewhere'.

EDIT: Having played the game, desleeving and resleeving event cards is a very silly idea. There is enough time spent sorting cards between sessions. Life is too short! However those 39 cards are now useful for the expansion action cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
update again, to reduce those "characters/clues/save/Satchel & Journal Cards" number from core box. (add them back if you want to sleeve them too :devil:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sleeves - latest cards type and number
cori226 wrote:
Exploration (number)-- you don't need to shuffle

If there are multiple green cards with the same number, you will need to pick one randomly somehow, either by shuffling, rolling a die, or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
cori226 wrote:
Exploration (number)-- you don't need to shuffle

If there are multiple green cards with the same number, you will need to pick one randomly somehow, either by shuffling, rolling a die, or something else.

Just grab the first one. When replacing them back in the deck, place them behind any other like-colored cards with the same number. The first time you play, you don't know any of them, so they're effectively all random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add that the card size is 80x80. I got these ones from swan... they fit perfectally. A single pack of 150 gives more than enough to sleeve all the skill and curse cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
I have sleeved all non-exploration cards for core pledge (so 3 KS expansions, no extras) and have run out of sleeves from set of 300 (missing around 10 of them). I might do an exact count later, but either I got dealt short on sleeves when buying them, or there are around 310 non-exploration cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abies wrote:
I have sleeved all non-exploration cards for core pledge (so 3 KS expansions, no extras) and have run out of sleeves from set of 300 (missing around 10 of them). I might do an exact count later, but either I got dealt short on sleeves when buying them, or there are around 310 non-exploration cards.

The 294 count above does not include characters, satchel, clues, save cards, etc. Just blue back and foggy back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pjandy wrote:
Just wanted to add that the card size is 80x80. I got these ones from swan... they fit perfectally. A single pack of 150 gives more than enough to sleeve all the skill and curse cards

Thanks for this! I like my thin sleeves to fit like a glove (so they don't slide off) and these look like they should work fine for that.

I'm buying enough to sleeve everything (base game and all expansions). I'm hopeful that since these are thinner sleeves and there is still some space left in the box, I might be able to get all the sleeved cards to fit back in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryalyn wrote:
Pjandy wrote:

Thanks for this! I like my thin sleeves to fit like a glove (so they don't slide off) and these look like they should work fine for that.

I'm buying enough to sleeve everything (base game and all expansions). I'm hopeful that since these are thinner sleeves and there is still some space left in the box, I might be able to get all the sleeved cards to fit back in the box.

UPDATE: I got these sleeves and have managed to fit all the sleeved cards back into the box card trays. I currently have all of the action cards and the curse cards using the thicker sleeves that came with the game and everything else in the thin Swan Panasia sleeves and they all fit snugly in the card trays. If I switched to using only the thin Swan Panasia sleeves they should fit more comfortably in the trays.

I will note that the sleeves are not a tight fit on my cards so they have some give on the edges. It's not a lot but it could be enough to bother some people. Since most of these cards are not being handled very much, I considered the looseness not enough to worry about. They can still be shuffled if needed and they protect the cards when they are on the table/handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shagrath
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pjandy wrote:

I got a pack of these delivered last night for the skill and curse cards. They're extremely "sticky" and don't facilitate mash shuffling very easily. I'm going to try a pack of the Ultimate Guard sleeves as soon as CSI gets them back in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XShagrath wrote:
I got a pack of these delivered last night for the skill and curse cards. They're extremely "sticky" and don't facilitate mash shuffling very easily.

That's a hallmark of Swan sleeves. They feel like the cellophane wrapping from a pack of cigarettes. Some people love that and others hate it. i dislike the feel (to me it's almost like fingernails on a blackboard), but must admit that the "stickiness" lessens over time, and shuffling should get easier fairly quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit late to the party but finally sleeved the game today. I sleeved actions, characters, curses/curse hints, satchel, save. I still have 48 left over. Though I'm missing the Devourer & Path of Repentance expansions.

I see some mention sleeving food & state cards but don't have enough for both of those. Since we haven't played yet, not sure how much shuffling those get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Júlio L
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this post!

I'm wondering how many sleeves should I get and this will help.

Do you know how many sleeves for the “What Goes Up, Must Come Down”?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'm a bit late to the party but finally sleeved the game today. I sleeved actions, characters, curses/curse hints, satchel, save. I still have 48 left over. Though I'm missing the Devourer & Path of Repentance expansions.

I see some mention sleeving food & state cards but don't have enough for both of those. Since we haven't played yet, not sure how much shuffling those get.

You don't shuffle the food cards and the state cards could do with sleeving but it isn't that essential.

There are only 1 or 2 action cards for the expansions you mentioned plus the satchel card for PoRepentance that can be sleeved if you like. The rest go in with the numbered cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nulio wrote:
Thank you for this post!

I'm wondering how many sleeves should I get and this will help.

Do you know how many sleeves for the “What Goes Up, Must Come Down”?

From the campaign, 200 sleeves is meant to be enough for the base+expansion action cards. Keep hold of those extra sleeves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like there should be an update on the card count before the Pledge Manager comes online.

I've gone all-in on 2nd kickstarter, having purchased the base game, the major expansion, and all of the smaller card expansions.

I'm definitely interested in sleeving any cards that get shuffled, and it sounds like that means sleeving:

- the Action Deck (blue back)
- the Exploration (foggy back)

I'm not really interested in sleeving cards that are not shuffled:

- Adventure cards with the green/gold backs)

Based on what I've read, the 200 sleeves/$10 optional buy will not be enough to accommodate this, but I haven't found any kind of an accurate count as to how to tally this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the action cards the other cards that get shuffled are:

Exploration cards
Same number adventure cards (there are several but the negative states perhaps see the most.)

By far the most shuffling is the action deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've heard - and I can imagine - the card dividers see a lot of action. While they're not essential, from a gameplay perspective, I'd like to keep my dividers from wear & tear.

How many sleeves would it take to protect all the dividers?

I understand that the dividers are bigger (taller, at least) than the cards, so I'd be looking at sleeving the tops of the dividers with the add-on sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sloades wrote:
I've heard - and I can imagine - the card dividers see a lot of action. While they're not essential, from a gameplay perspective, I'd like to keep my dividers from wear & tear.

How many sleeves would it take to protect all the dividers?

I understand that the dividers are bigger (taller, at least) than the cards, so I'd be looking at sleeving the tops of the dividers with the add-on sleeves.

How exactly is it that you imagine card dividers seeing a lot of action? I simply can't imagine how flipping these gently with your fingertips would contribute to wear and tear in any notable way. Shuffling, on the other hand, destroys cards very quickly. Ask any magician!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schleima wrote:
How exactly is it that you imagine card dividers seeing a lot of action? I simply can't imagine how flipping these gently with your fingertips would contribute to wear and tear in any notable way.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

After about 30 hours of play, my dividers are indeed showing quite a bit of wear since they are made of fairly cheap cardboard, not high quality cardstock, and they see quite a bit of use. Every time you save; every time you enter or leave a cave; etc... All it took for most of them to be damaged was catching the edge with a fingernail.

Some have small edge peels. Some have light delamination. Some have nicks and scratches.

I am going to take some markers and color in the white patches, gently glue the delaminations and then spray them all fairly heavily with Krylon Matte Finish Spray. That should help them out.

The idea of slipping sleeves down over them is interesting. I may give that a try too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gates
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
How did this turn out and were you satisfied with the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |