6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bomb before SLAM? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer to this, but thought I’d get some feedback to be sure: can a bomb be dropped immediately preceding a SLAM action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it all depends on how the particular bomb works.
some drop as an action, some before you reveal your maneuver dial
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Alexander
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keokiyoung wrote:
I think I know the answer to this, but thought I’d get some feedback to be sure: can a bomb be dropped immediately preceding a SLAM action?

Probably not. I can't think of a combination of cards that lets you do it. You need something that lets you take a free action after your maneuver but before your one standard action.

You cannot SLAM as a free action (rulecard), so you can't spend your normal action to drop a bomb and then Push the Limit to SLAM.

Advanced SLAM and Experimental Interface both need the bomb drop to go after the SLAM.

EDIT: This is considering only Action bombs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for movement bombs you cannot drop them before a SLAM because although SLAM is both a maneuver and an action, you do not "reveal your dial" as part of a SLAM, which is the trigger for dropping movement bombs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
keokiyoung wrote:

It's currently impossible to do this.

Manoeuvre bombs are triggered by revealing your dial, which you don't do when you SLAM, so those are out. Action bombs can be dropped as your action, but you can't then SLAM because the only way to do so would be via a free action of some sort, and you can't SLAM as a free action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just to reiterate as well because it's a common mistake:

you cannot reveal-drop a bomb, maneuver, SLAM, then use Advanced SLAM to deploy an action-drop bomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.