Subject: Jyn in an arc 170 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of running this as my last ship in an escalation tournament

Thane Kyrell (31) - ARC-170
Jyn Erso (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), Experimental Interface (3)

Does Jyn work for both arcs of the 170 or just 1? If there's 2 ships in the front arc and 1 in the rear (all within range 3) can I pass 3 focus tokens or only 2?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jyn just makes mention of a "firing arc" which I believe should be any kind of arc, whether that's primary, auxiliary, rear, mobile, or special. So you can use Jyn for a ship in your rear arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GizmotronX5000 wrote:
Jyn just makes mention of a "firing arc" which I believe should be any kind of arc, whether that's primary, auxiliary, rear, mobile, or special. So you can use Jyn for a ship in your rear arc.

Yep, unless the ability specifies a specific kind of arc, "firing arc" means any arc on the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
Correct. Both arcs satisfy the condition of "in your arc" - you don't have to pick one or the other unless the card further specifies (like Alliance Overhaul).

The extra arc makes it very easy to get things in arc with an ARC. Which makes sense...

As an aside, why experimental interface? Thane only has three actions even with Jyn aboard, and is likely to be getting several free actions over the course of a turn with a big game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locarno24 wrote:

As an aside, why experimental interface? Thane only has three actions even with Jyn aboard, and is likely to be getting several free actions over the course of a turn with a big game.

My thinking is based on a previous escalation tournament where by round 4 there are going to be a minimum of 10 ships trying to fit into a tiny 3x3 space. It leads to a lot of bumping and missed actions. My whole squad is based on either using innate abilities that don't depend on actions (horton salm) or actually intentionally ramming things (I've given Hera in the phantom Zeb and taken arvyl crynid in an a-wing).

The idea of experimental interface is that if Thane bumps he still will be able to trigger his ability near the start of the combat phase. allowing him take a focus or target lock and also use jyn to throw focus out to his also action-less squadmates.

Worst case - i don't have to trigger the experimental interface it and save myself a stress token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.