Thumb up
1 Posts

Leaving Earth» Forums » Variants

Subject: Future rules for my next multi-player session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
I'm going to try a slight/ maybe not so slight change to the multi player game. I played about a dozen solo games to this point and pretty much can pump them out between an hour and an hour and a half, while listening to a pod cast or a space movie in the back ground (apollo 13 works well) and am just loving the game.

My first multi-player game experience the other night made me realise the amount of down time and length of game that can happen from the multi player experience. My group is not afraid of long games and play coin games and XX games every second week, but most if not all the players are involved in some sort of dealings or another, so the game experience although long doesn't feel like it.

In my next multi-player game this will be the new format for our group, at least we will try it.

1) simultaneous turns

2) Victory points that can be claimed at any time and that never leave the table. The claiming organisation will put a die of their colour on the mission card to show the position that they arrived to claim the points. If you are first or tied with some one for first, you put a die on the mission card with the number 1, this represents first player(s), the second player(s) would put a 2 on the dice and the third a 3 and so on. If you see a die with the number 6 on a mission card then that player has chosen to forgo the victory point and claimed the money. You can only put a die down with a 6 showing if it has been claimed by another player already. You may put a die with a 6 on a mission card at any time, even years after it was first claimed.

3) The first player(s) to claim a mission first have no choice but to take the points on the card.

4) The dice number 1-5 show how many victory points. A 1 on a Die represents all the points from the card (100%), a 2 represents -2 from the total from the mission card and a 3 is -3 from the mission card and 4 is minus 4...etc. and of coarse the 6 shows that a player chooses the evils of money over points (which makes sense in the lower point cards).

6) once a die with a 6 is placed it can't be removed or be refunded for mission points.

I can't help but think that a county who would land a man/woman on the moon tomorrow would be considered a ho-hum kind of an event, and that maybe not as dramatic as the first landing on the moon, but it would be worth a lot in future understanding of space and also get the prestige from the other countries. I bring this up only because I feel that that is what the victory points on mission cards least to me.

So I am hoping that this will take time off the clock and at the same time getting less down time and more interaction and it just might add a little extra gamesmanship to the game as whether to take the money or a smaller cut from the victory points.
This in no way a response to a game I just love but more to the group that is playing

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.