GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,905 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Little Circuses» Forums » General

Subject: Rules and errata pack availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Olson
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
What's got Billy so spooked?
badge
Beware the Jabberwock my son!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded the errata pack and it mentions 'using the sticker sheet provided'. Is IDW making this available for folks with misprinted games/rules? I don't see anything on their website.

Also, two notes too on the provided errata files:

- The images on the cards and icons are decidedly low res (the text is good) and I'm leery of spending the time to print, cut, and paste. Are higher res versions available if I have to go this route?
- Will corrected updated rules be available and posted?

Thanks - seems odd to me that this game has gotten so little attention/notice. Were review copies sent out? Components - misprints aside - are excellent and clearly lots of thought and attention was put into it...seems like a fun little family game that deserves more attention.

Thanks,
Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
olsonjj25 wrote:
I just downloaded the errata pack and it mentions 'using the sticker sheet provided'. Is IDW making this available for folks with misprinted games/rules? I don't see anything on their website.

I have no idea when (or if) a sticker sheet will be made available for the early adopters of this game. I emailed IDW, but haven't received a response yet.

I agree that the provided images are of really crappy quality, so I made my own. I posted it to my own gallery, because I plan to remove them when an official higher-quality version is made available (or even earlier, if asked). If you're handy with scissors, then you don't need replacement cards, just replacement icons. I recommend using a repositionable glue so you can get the game back to pristine state when/if an official sticker sheet and replacement cards becomes available. In the meantime, try this:

Grab the maximum size and print at 300 dpi. The only remaining issue I found is that the word "left" is shorter than the word "right" that replaces it in the manual, so it's a really tight fit and ends up looking like a run-on sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Olson
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
What's got Billy so spooked?
badge
Beware the Jabberwock my son!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Wonderful, though too late in my case as I already printed and stickers and made the cards. Turned out pretty well, though the pixelated clowns and elephants irritate. And I too discovered the left/right length issue. All in all, some good exercise for my fine-motor skills if nothing else...

This game continues to perplex me. Really nice production values - and it's been fun playing with the kids - but seemingly ignored by both IDW and everyone else...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job on the paste up image, but I think it could use one more elephant, Itsy betsy wasn't errata'd but I'm sure the clown should be an elephant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
dedindahed wrote:
Great job on the paste up image, but I think it could use one more elephant, Itsy betsy wasn't errata'd but I'm sure the clown should be an elephant.

The cards should have a blanket errata changing all clowns to elephants on them and vice versa, I believe, as the switch was made correctly on the tiles, but not on the cards or rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
dedindahed wrote:

The cards should have a blanket errata changing all clowns to elephants on them and vice versa, I believe, as the switch was made correctly on the tiles, but not on the cards or rulebook.

So that means the Cannon Fedora (front) -- Itsy Betsy (rear) card was missed in the official errata then? Both of the clowns (one on the Itsy Betsy side, one on the Cannon Fedora side) should be elephants? If so, I need 2 more elephant icons on my sheet.

Because that card wasn't present in the official Errata Pack Star Cards correction file, I didn't bother making corrected icons for it. I guess that means IDW missed a card correction then?

Edit: I threw a couple extra elephant icons (for the card corrections) on the image, just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.