GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,211 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Henry Richardson is ill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Kramer Jr.
United States
Wiconisco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
A good friend from the WBC is ill. Last year at the WBC when I was feeling under the weather Henry let me use his room for a couple of naps to recover. This is from an e-mail from Henry's son Patrick. (Jim Kramer Jr.)

Dear friends,

I'm cobbling together a quick note containing some information regarding my father's health... Bottom line up front, he has cancer (again).

After a couple weeks of rapidly declining energy and appetite, Dad was admitted to the ER. Subsequent tests run over the course of the last week or so show cancerous growths on his liver & tailbone, as well as a malignant cancerous ulcer in his stomach. We are currently waiting on biopsy results to better understand treatment options and ways forward. There is a lot of uncertainty right now.

Also, I've been a bit blindsided by how fast this has developed... This isn't a very comprehensive list of my friends or Dad's friends... so, please take a moment to look through your contacts and see if you can think of anyone who might appreciate hearing of this, and then forward it to them.

For those interested in reaching out to Dad, his email is henry.richardson0@gmail.com -- he checks it daily. For those of you who might be interested in calling or visiting, please let me know -- it can be arranged. I asked Dad whether I should let people know about his trouble, and he was reluctant to have me contact people until we know more. However, he did admit that if the situation were reversed and one of his friends had cancer (or cancer again), he would like to know so that he could support and/or pray for them as best he could. Thus, this note to you fine folks!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy O'Doors
United States
Bealeton
Virginia
flag msg tools
Bomb Voyage exclaims: Monsieur Incroyable!
mbmbmbmbmb
He died last Saturday, 13 May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting us know.

This is a real loss for the community. I got to know Henry when I AGMed 1989, and his heart was gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I met him through Air Baron. I will truly miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kramer Jr.
United States
Wiconisco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was just notified of the passing of Henry Richardson. I am deeply saddened to lose such a good WBC friend. The WBC will be a little emptier from now on. My condolences to his family and especially to his son, my friend, Patrick.

Jim Kramer Jr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy O'Doors
United States
Bealeton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

This is a real loss for the community. I got to know Henry when I AGMed 1989, and his heart was gold.

Max, he always spoke so highly of you... thought you were just the coolest guy, someone with a lot of class, more mature than your years. Thanks for your kind words.

sigtaulefty wrote:
I met him through Air Baron. I will truly miss him.

Thanks, Max. He was a big fan of both you and your dad. Thought you two were a couple of kindred souls, people who, like him, had found inter generational friendship over a shared passion for the hobby. I'll miss him, too -- for very similar reasons to yours, but also others of course.

JFKJr wrote:
I was just notified of the passing of Henry Richardson. I am deeply saddened to lose such a good WBC friend. The WBC will be a little emptier from now on. My condolences to his family and especially to his son, my friend, Patrick.

Jim Kramer Jr.

Thanks for your condolences, Jim. It's hard for me to imagine going to the WBC without him. I've been coming with him since I was 11 years old... Now that I'm 32, I can honestly say that I've been attending the WBC (or Avaloncon) with him for the vast majority of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may not have been able to attend WBC last year without an offer from Henry to room with him at 7Springs and get on a "payment plan" to reimburse him for the room in smaller installments throughout the rest of the year. Great guy.

Patrick, blessings on you and your family. Hope I'll see you again at WBC at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy O'Doors
United States
Bealeton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
I may not have been able to attend WBC last year without an offer from Henry to room with him at 7Springs and get on a "payment plan" to reimburse him for the room in smaller installments throughout the rest of the year. Great guy.

Patrick, blessings on you and your family. Hope I'll see you again at WBC at some point.

Thanks for the kind words, Daniel. Dad was glad to have found a stand-up guy as a roommate last year, with all his traditional roommates unable to attend.

I hope to be there this year. I went back to school to get my doctoral degree, and the life of a grad student isn't flush with cash, but I might -MIGHT- be able to swing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.