Mark Blanco
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
Hi all,
I've posted a rules/map PDF in the files section (link) for a movement variant that uses simultaneous selection/reveal for 221B Baker Street.

This was mainly inspired by BGG users: Mr_Lunch, jfrands, Beithus.

The rules PDF may look wordy, but I just wanted to be clear. The basic flow is each player secretly chooses their destination on a mini-map (in the PDF). If multiple players choose the same destination, then a tie-breaking process is followed allowing losers of the tie to move to an available connected location. Keys and Badges are still used in this variant if desired.

This variant also allows players to utilize the clues PDF found here (link). If each player has this on their mobile device, then the game greatly speeds up with players reading clues simultaneously.

My wife and I feel that 221B Baker Street Master Detective is always going to be a light deduction game with a healthy dose of luck. (Some clues make perfect sense at their location, and others seem completely arbitrary). Not being able to do anything about the clues in the game, we simply wanted to speed it up. Hopefully some folks enjoy this!

Here's a quick look at the mini-map, which is set up to allow 3 alternate accessible locations from each location on the map. (allowing for tie-breaking in a 4 player game)

Also - the rules file may not be clear on this, but when secretly choosing a location, ANY location can be chosen. The connecting lines are for tie-breaking purposes only.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.