Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this is the right place to ask.

Let's say I have a game that has end-game scoring, and no (or a very bad) score track. I can go into a word processor and create a score sheet, probably four-up.

Does anybody know how I can take (say) 25 sheets, cut them into 100 mini-sheets, and glue them into a pad with a cardboard base? Can I somehow get the materials to do that at home? Is that something that Kinko's (excuse me, Fed Ex Office) would do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
You could print on blank postcards instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Instead of trying to make a pad, make a single score sheet and laminate it (it's a buck or two at a Staples if you don't have your own laminator). Then use wet-erase markers on the laminated sheet. Buy a pack of em, and put one in every game box that contains a score sheet you laminated.

~V

P.S. Always go with wet-erase markers. Dry-erase are horrible on lamination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:

Let's say I have a game that has end-game scoring, and no (or a very bad) score track. I can go into a word processor and create a score sheet, probably four-up.

Does anybody know how I can take (say) 25 sheets, cut them into 100 mini-sheets, and glue them into a pad with a cardboard base? Can I somehow get the materials to do that at home? Is that something that Kinko's (excuse me, Fed Ex Office) would do?

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/memopad/large-memo-pads-5...

Upload the artwork, they come out fantastic. Wait for a sale and they're a few bucks.

If you search the geeklists, you'll even find Artscow scorepad projects already done, so it literally takes zero effort to make one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess was to use rubber cement, and a quick google search brings up some DIY sites that suggest you can do it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A publishing company (they did the local newspaper) I worked for some 45 years ago did that. Wholesale may not be too bad. They even used offcuts to make scratch paper pads for the in house desks.

Get a quote. That doesn't cost anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My grandfather used to make pads from scrap paper. I don't know what type of glue he used, but he would clamp all the papers flush against the edge of the workbench and paint the glue on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
I believe the adhesive you want is called Padding Compound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:

FedEx Office will do this. Fifty cents per pad plus printing. You can expect to pick them up next day or possibly same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.